There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.

Great place to work and make an impact

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist (Sourcer)  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist (Sourcer) in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Personal Perspective:
- Flexible work hours (ability to work from home in many groups),
- They sincerely care about employee welfare (we have groups dedicated to work/life balance and other welfare related areas),
- Emphasis on mentoring and training (my team has weekly meetings dedicated to furthering our knowledge),

Work Perspective:
- Challenging/stimulating projects to work on (every time I meet with a manager I get even more excited about where our platform is going),
- Intelligent co-workers (I have learned much from my teammates),
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative (we have innovation challenges, skunkworks projects always going on, and promote a collaborative environment where people are not afraid to voice their opinions),
- We are a customer focused company (in fact all of the new projects I am hiring for are to better the customers experience),
- The managers I support including my immediate management is encouraging and provide the right amount of assistance without becoming a micro manager.
- Ability to impact the company - working here you have many opportunities to impact the company as we are still very startup like on the inside - not many processes or procedures to impede you.

Our company is always encouraging us to get out in the community and volunteer.

Cons

As a recruiter/sourcer our internal systems can be better - right now they are pretty clunky. However we do have a team developing a new ATS for us to use.

As a remote employee it would be nice to visit the office at least twice a year. In 2 years I have been able to visit the main campus twice.

In the sourcer chair the only career growth I have is to move into a manager or recruiter role (neither of which I want). With that being said there is not much career growth in my role. I know my management is working on improving this and feel confident it will improve.

Keep doing what you are to promote a great culture, work/life balance and entrepreneurial spirit.

Improve the internal tools we use, allow remote employees to visit the office more frequently and provide opportunities for those who like to be individual contributors to move up the pay ladder.

1107 Other Employee Reviews for eBay Inc. (View Most Recent)

Senior software engineer

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work, plenty of different technologies to work on

Cons

Long work hours, work life balance can be difficult to achieve

Recent college graduate

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at eBay Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

eBay has really made a 180 in its overall culture over the past year. Recent college graduates (within 18 months of graduation from an undergrad or grad program) who accept an offer with the company can expect two weeks of intensive training at company HQ in San Jose in analytics, shared culture and commitments, team-building, innovation and programming (for tech workers). The University Programs team really does a great job with educating RCG employees as to what is expected of them and how they fit into the overall goal of the company. You get the impression that the work you are doing, regardless if it falls under Marketplaces, PayPal or Enterprise, really matters and that the company cares about making a positive impact on the way we live. Executives welcome the input of employees as to how eBay Inc. can do its job better. The amount of time and money being invested on interns and RCGs shows that this is a company that cares about your long-term future. This company is a really great place to work at and to grow with.

Cons

I have no major complaints so far. I understand there is some confusion among eBay Enterprise, as the company recently rebranded itself after operating under different names under the GSI Commerce umbrella. Employees in the UP program voiced some of these concerns to senior executives who were open, honest and direct in addressing these issues and welcoming the input.

Keep doing what your doing and making improvements to the UP program.

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!