Good place to work, great compensation, people could be nicer

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company with great leadership. John Donahoe is the unsung hero of SV. The compensation is good and they are generous with Restricted Stock Units. Nice work environment.

Cons

People could be nicer. It can be a tense work environment with lots of stressed out people snapping at each other.

Keep it up, you are moving in the right direction. I would love to see some of our long term projects come to fruition, I'm tired of my friends asking me when the digital wallet is coming.

Other Reviews for eBay Inc.

A great internship filled with very impactful work, concerned employees and always provided with opportunities to grow.

Former Employee - Graduate Intern  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Graduate Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay Inc. as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You get to make the biggest impacts in the commerce industry. There are many aspects of the working of eBay which enables a wide area of opportunities.

Cons

IMO, a little slow paced relaxed environment.

Great company, yet big, with all that it entails

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Top-notch people. Enormous scale of operations. Attention to detail and operational excellence very much appreciated. Excellent project management and resource planning. Advanced technology. Adequate work-life balance. Competitive pay. Good, conveniently located offices. Somewhat flexible work schedule.

Cons

Rather strict top-down management. Natural conservatism due to the nature of the company business and scale of operations. Cyclical demand for engineering talent driven by "big bang" business initiatives. Highly political environment, natural for a large hierarchical organization. Consulting companies sometimes distorting the company culture by caring less than permanent employees about the long-term business consequences of their decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc..

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!