eBay Inc.

www.ebay.com
There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.

Senior Product Manager

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Campbell, CA
Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Open work culture, Great benefits, Compensation is very competitive
Would recommend the company for learning eCommerce and how to work in a matrix organization
Lots of growth opportunities and avenues of growth

Cons

Everyone has a different and non-additive agenda
Need to be political to succeed at work
Matrix organization, so setting goals are not shared
Rather than being creative & customer centric, financial results alone measures product decisions

Set a vision and the company will come together as a glue to contribute towards that vision

1218 Other Employee Reviews for eBay Inc. (View Most Recent)

Software Engineer 3

Current Employee - Software Engineer III Quality in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III Quality in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Excellent technical challenges
    -Opportunity to work on latest products
    -Nice teammates

Cons

-Work life (im)balance
    -Promotion process is political in nature, not much transparency

Team Leads and Coachings

Current Employee - Ebbg Appeals in South Salt Lake, UT
    Current Employee - Ebbg Appeals in South Salt Lake, UT

I have been working at eBay Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love ebay environment and I realize what they value as a company in their employees.

Cons

What I also realize is that the team lead and coach I ended up in I am not getting what I need to succeed. I get the same questions. What can I do for you? I say.. More ideas ..I have the easy calls down..I have the empathy down. I want practice on call flow or how do i increase my cmm and decrease acw build my productivity? Or How do I do my
    SR'S classifications? can you come show me how that is done? Yes I will come show you.. I will bring you a sheet for ideas.. I never see it. I have had two incidences where I went to find my coach for coaching and found no email and she had left early. I had my team lead tell me I was denied two carrrt requests only to receive them in a email from another approved. I have been told that we don't have time to come sit with you. I was under so much stress and ready to cave in my first call center job . My team lead expresses job experiences irrelevant to what I am experiencing on the phones. I sent my better calls to my coach for example. she pulls my worse customer experience. I am trying to destress and use my team mates for learning examples on different senerios between calls to learn from not my team lead and coach.This is when I should be pulling emails to build my productivity. I still do. Our communication have barriers and I don't play up to people to make my way in a career position. I have said for two weeks my headset has short in it and I am having a hard time hearing on it. Oh Ok.. We will get you one.... Really? I know now with my own job experience that I applied for probably the wrong position first I have HR and accounting exsp as well as customer serv. . I know that I will have to prove my stats in order to move out of the current position I am in. I want to be successful and meet all expectations of ebay. I am a hard worker and I do not want to let anyone down including myself. I have to work for a living." I want to go to work" not have to go to work." I miss my old job before my life changed but I am in a new environment and I am a person off perseverance. I even coach your sellers as I was a business owner myself at one time.

To make sure that all your teammates are getting what they need from their team leads and coaches. I have experienced an ambushed feeling.I have been written up for adherence when clearly I was not explained how it worked. OJT was CAOS. I know they were busy but ..It was.. Go to meeting. Go to Project.. Go to lunch.. I have been written up for poor scores. I wanted to write something on the paper before i signed it but i was so upset I did not. I am sure they have documented things they have said they have done for me that they have not. Instead of letting me go early back from a coaching or a one on one Complete it with what I need with what i struggle with. Don't tell me..You don't have time, when clearly, you do have time .I see you sitting in here talking and hanging out. I have talked with other teammates about their TL and Coaching and they have had a better experience and doing much better. I think their should be a class on the difficult customers senerios situations. or make them into Youtube segments so that the teammates can get insight on what to do in the situations with the most seasoned members that are manipulative right out of the gate.I think being more prepared that way I would have avoided mistakes being intimidated unfocused for a moment. I feel as though I am more ready and able now for that person on the other end of the line. At first I was not. I have put these group of people in their own category now and I am ready for them. There the call that asks for your supervisor after you just have verified the call. I have so much passion for my life and career both. I can see why you have TL and Coaches ad I also know that it takes time to season relationships for people to know one another to be able to see what that other person needs where they struggle. But I also know they need to tune in to that persons needs and reach out after the person has asked for assistance. Maybe they are waiting for me to fail and they would rather not .I've been debating on what to do about how I feel.

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.