There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.

Appeals Specialist

Former Employee - Embg Appeals in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Embg Appeals in Austin, TX

I worked at eBay Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ebay as a company is awesome, benefits from the first day.

Cons

They really did not inform us of how awful of a job it would be. Customers yell and scream all day. Insults, threats by customers, extremely long calls of people whining and complaining about Ebay's inefficiency.

Get your "policies" straight. Set a specific time to where a call can be disconnected if a customer is rambling non sense.

reviews filtered by

Positive experience overall, the best of my professional career. Lots of opportunity for technical growth.

Former Employee - Middle Management
    Former Employee - Middle Management

I worked at eBay Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Challenges, rewards, compensation was solid. At the beginning of my time with the company team work was great and enthusiasm was high.

Cons

Empire building by some middle level leadership. Stacked ranking calibration led to unhealthy back stabbing. Morale suffered and to meet the criteria for stack ranking some good people were targeted and dismissed.

Invest in and build your people, not tear them down.

Best internship experience ever!

Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay Inc. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Interning at eBay, Inc. was awesome. My manager and I were focused on mobile, so I was fortunate to get to work with people across a variety of departments and subsets (like Motors and Fashion), as well as subsidiaries (Milo, RedLaser). I felt appreciated, guided, and really like I was a part of the team. Office culture is fantastic, as was the program for undergraduate interns, which included "Bagel Wednesdays" (always a plus), mini-summits with John Donahoe and other executives, and, a very competitive salary.

Cons

Seriously, nothing. eBay is the best!

I was really fortunate to have an accessible manager who made sure to have bi-monthly meetings with me regarding my progress in the internship, always included me in meetings and projects when she could, and was overall very constructive and supportive, though I knew of other interns who had much less supportive experiences. There were even two interns whose manager was abroad for the summer! They never got to meet their manager, and the 9-hour time difference proved very challenging to them in getting tasks done in a timely manner.

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc.