The Best Place I Have Worked (to date)

Former Employee - L25/26  in  Richmond upon Thames, England (UK)
Former Employee - L25/26 in Richmond upon Thames, England (UK)

I worked at eBay Inc.

Pros

I was with eBay a good few years and saw many changes and much growth. Overall I though the ethos and the values of the company strong, set by management. Also, there was a lot of time to be had 'for you' on a personal level. It was full of 'clever people' and the best MBA I NEVER had to pay for (to quote a fellow ex employee). It was good times...

Cons

Either you are favoured and on the fast track to the top - or not. Some of the promotions for some staff were a total mystery - how did that happen. At times, process was more important than result, as was the presentation.

Other Reviews for eBay Inc.

ebay

Current Employee - SAN Administrative
    Current Employee - SAN Administrative

I have been working at eBay Inc.

Pros

Well known company , What we do here effects thounsands of people ( users) so in other wards we feel excited as our work is used by millians of users worldwide.

Cons

Work can sbe sometime hectic . There somw time lots of stress as a small technial mistake on the production side can directly impact the company's revnue

Fun, but..

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at eBay Inc.

Pros

Dynamic, changing and intense teamwork. Lots of employee events after work and on weekends. Reasonable raises for a few. Management open to suggestions and having employees create project plans and deliver. 4x10hour shifts generally available for a 4 day work week. RRSP 4%. Stock options or RSU's for additional bonus. Profit sharing ~6% for most, at least in the earlier years.

Cons

Metrics are a hurdle for some. Quality constantly measured and evaluated.. fair but invasive at times. International coverage requires some pretty strange shifts. 4am-12 noon. 6pm-2am. 10pm-6am. Ongoing challenge from other employees to retain your preferred shift days off/times and risk getting bumped to an confused work schedule. Especially true when parents are forced into working graveyards or 4am shifts.

Outsourcing appears to have helped the company slide through rough times, but has likely hurt the company as a whole. Tenure is not a great measure of effectiveness. Look carefully at some of the existing managers/employees.

There are newer employer reviews for eBay Inc..

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!