eBay Inc.
3.3 of 5 1,042 reviews
www.ebay.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

tremendous opportunities, if only we would get our heads on straight and choose a visionary plan and leadership

Product Manager (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsFor better or worse, eBay is a large company. Even if you start at eBay doing one job, there's tremendous opportunity to more around the company if you are apt and willing. eBay also attacks problems of tremendous scale, unmatched anywhere on the web. How we handle them is sometimes questionable, but there's no doubt that we are the biggest game in town.

ConsManagement is schizophrenic and quarter-driven. Even when we were promised that we were NOT going to be quarter driven, we still see a highly detrimental focus on making the projection for Wall St.

Internally, everything not aligned with the current soup du 'jour is likely to be canceled, paused, downsized or outright ignored. Also there are far too many doers and not enough thinkers hired here. This company is run by people who "have ideas", whether they are well-planned or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementSettle down. STOP focusing on the near term. Chill out, plan ahead and start treating this company like it's going to be around for 100 years. If you don't treat it that way, then it won't be. If you keep treating it like it will only be around another 3 to 5 years, then Wall St. will assume that too.

eBay truly sucks.

Customer Support (Former Employee)

I worked at eBay Inc.

Pros: Having the ability to telecommute. The pay, in comparison to other companies for the same position, is… Cons: What started out to be a great position (I was there for over 10 years), turned out to be one of the worst jobs I… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of all the outsourcing, lower fees and get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Laid off

Former Employee (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay Inc.

Pros: Casual work environment and flexibility to set my own project goals. Ability to… Cons: No job security, I was just laid off! Always hearing complaints from both buyers and sellers, you can't make… Advice to Senior Management: Do not try to make so many changes all at once and force changes on the buyer… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on eBay Inc..

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for eBay Inc. CEO John J. Donahoe. All reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees.