There are newer employer reviews for eBay

The most challenging fun in my career

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Nimble and quick moving Solid Pay and Benefits Playing to win in the marketplace Visionary and willing to take risk to grow Investing in technology and tools that allow customers and employees to succeed

Cons

There are quite a few games and politics that reduce effectiveness The conflicts between the old guard eBay folks and the new talent at all levels

Advice to Management

Identify ways to reduce the gaming and politics Stop outsourcing your customer service - put the jobs in the region that supports them

Other Employee Reviews for eBay

1. Great time to be @ eBay

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff I in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff I in San Jose, CA

Pros

- This is a time in which the company is very open to new and innovative ways to do things better. Lots of room for input and creativity. - Some very smart people here. Everyone I've interacted with so far seems to at least carry their own weight. - Generous compensation (if you're willing to negotiate) - Technology leadership decisions/goals are more transparent than I've seen at other places. - Flexible about time off/telecommuting (though this may be dependent on your manager)

Cons

- There's certainly a bell curve in terms of talent. Some people are amazing but many others, while they do their best, are just OK. - Communication/transparency with offshore teams is difficult. Domestic management seems to have less control/influence over these teams then they should. - Documentation and formal processes are lacking. This makes getting up to speed and getting things done very difficult at first.

Advice to Management

- Get serious about capturing and cultivating top talent. The entire hiring process needs to be streamlined so that we don't lose people who could be valuable contributors to eBay to our competitors, who seem to move faster than we do on these things. - Continue pushing on innovation and expecting creative solutions from your employees. This is actually what makes us excited to come to work every day. - Focus on what makes eBay unique and different instead of trying to be like Amazon.

nice to work here. Work environment is too open

Current Employee - Senior Eng in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Eng in Redmond, WA

Pros

flexible to work in this environment

Cons

bad planning from higher mangement

Advice to Management

plan efficiently to make use of resource