Kick the Tires

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

cool name, employee discounts and worthless stock options

Cons

eBay promotes lifers only. Our company was acquired and only people that were at eBay prior have been promoted into senior positions in 2 years.

Advice to Management

Get back to basics. we are an auction site, let's bring the fun back. eBay is not another Amazon and should stop trying to be it.

Other Employee Reviews for eBay

1. Very Satisfied

Former Employee - Senior Counsel in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Counsel in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I worked in a mid sized group at eBay and was very satisfied with my experiences there. I had a fabulous manager who respected me and provide ample opportunity to grow and gain experience and exposure to areas that were new to me. I felt that the compensation scales were fair - relative to my peers in Silicon Valley. I was proud of the company and of the worked that I did. Since my group was smaller and more specialized, I could see the immediate impact and affect of my work results. Overall - i was very happy with the company.

Cons

I don't think eBay is really a terribly 'fun' place to work - that's based on my experiences at other companies and what i've read and heard about other internet companies.

Advice to Management

i have no advice for senior management

2. Are you ready to rumble?!!

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Great mission in that eBay helps hundreds of thousands of small businesses develop and grow.

Cons

Company is going through a lot of turmoil. Although change is something standard in Silicon Valley, the amount of changes as well as changes in direction at eBay are massive right now. Makes it more difficult to get things accomplished.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of listening to your small sellers -- the silent majority -- who are being crushed by your recent changes.