There are newer employer reviews for eGenio Education Solutions

Not everyone is cut out for a start-up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at eGenio Education Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company - exciting company making a difference in k-12 education. The company has successfully transitioned from start up to early stage - we're adding people to our team. If you're looking for a great place to work with opportunities for growth, personally and professionally, eGenio is for you.

Cons

Small team but growing. Early stage company.

Great rid of those who "can't cut it" faster! we had a few people on the team in the early days who blamed every problem and delay on everyone else and never took responsibility themselves! Thankfully they are no longer with the company!

5 Other Employee Reviews for eGenio Education Solutions (View Most Recent)

This company is going no where.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Cleveland, OH

I worked at eGenio Education Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice office in a great location.

Cons

This company does not have a product that is viable in the marketplace. More than 4 years into it and this company does not have a paying customer. The product is clumsy and cumbersome. It is missing important features that competing products have, yet the company is not doing anything to catch up. The CEO blames his sales team rather than taking a look at the product. He fires his staff and starts over every year. He has no respect for the education field and potential customers constantly complain about his arrogance.

Listen to the good advice you are given by the people around you.

Full of empty promises, poor leadership

I worked at eGenio Education Solutions

Pros

The only positive thing that I took out of my experience at eGenio was meeting some of the other employees. Some very kind and talented people, however they are not used to their full potential. The management takes a "my way or the highway" approach killing off a lot of good employee input while they continue to make bad decisions and disappoint prospective customers, who would choose another product or lose interest completely.

Cons

Was lead to believe in the begining that this company would do something big, however due to very poor leadership, terrible decision making, missed deadlines and wasted budget eGenio continues to be a "start up" 4 years later, with nothing to show for it. Everything about eGenio is smoke and mirrors, it all for show with no real substance. Even with good employees it is nearly impossible to develop/program/market/sell a product that doesn't exist.

The other "5 star" reviews are clearly fabricated and take on the culture of eGenio, where they cover bullet holes with band-aids and sugar coat everything. Not accurate whatsoever.

Would not reccommend this company to anyone.

Take a long hard look at your situation, your "start-up" of 4 years still has not made much progress, might be time to stop wasting other people's time and money. Oh and stop claiming that "several thousand" students nationwide are using your product, that is a bold faced lie.

There are newer employer reviews for eGenio Education Solutions