eHarmony

www.eharmony.com/about/careers
  www.eharmony.com/about/careers
There are newer employer reviews for eHarmony

Excellent Company with an Excellent Product!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time

Pros

This is a great company with one of the best cultures and work/life balance I've seen. Collaboration and mutual respect is very high and the level of talent in the organization is amazing. The product/service is something that is very unique in it's industry and that is made possible by the high level of sophisticated science and enabling technology involved.

Cons

Word on the street isn't as good as it should be, a symptom of misguided opinions and misinformation that could be better addressed through Public Relations.

Tout the goodness that is eHarmony! Dispel the rumours and misinformation. Let people know who and what we are so that more people can enjoy the great benefit of the product/service and or the great rewards that come from working at such a great company!

57 Other Employee Reviews for eHarmony (View Most Recent)

Decline

I worked at eHarmony full-time

Pros

Great product. OK benefits. Nice offices. People are generally very nice. Very interesting tech projects and approaches. Impressive matching team.

Cons

Subpar C-suite with questionable relevant skills. Current CEO is the 80-year old founder who still relishes the good ol days of hypergrowth and trying to recapture the early glory days of the company in a much different tech environment. He is surrounded by yes-men who validate his unbounded and often irrational optimism. Disagreement or speaking up will get you fired/marginalized, so lots of smart people have moved on to other marquee companies in socal, and the few remaining are either waiting for the right opty or just keeping head down to survive. A once thriving culture is very much gone. All the departures without explanation have left us with an ever-present fear and concern for the company's future. very stifling atmosphere. Only 2 people on the board of directors so no real oversight or independent vetting of direction. Options worthless.

I wish you success in re-creating the company. For the touted new job matching product, you should take a deep look at your own company to see the dysfunction or maybe the positives that this reviewer is blind to.

eHarmony Response

Oct 23, 2014Chief Operating Officer

As I read this review, it reminds me of a very different time at eHarmony with a very different team and attitude. Thankfully, we have had much success reshaping the entire organization over the last ... More

Culturally Conservative, Fox News played at orientation

Current Employee - Senior Linux Administrator in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Linux Administrator in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was definitely slightly better than other local companies for the position

Cons

The CEO will talk about Jesus in meetings.
    People talk about church all the time, everywhere.
    There are almost no black people in the entire company.
    No real path for career advancement
    No remote work allowed. Ever. Company policy is you are in the office for 8 hours at least.
    Constant stream of employees leaving.

Allow employees to work remotely, you're in SoCal, it's nice out. Your competitors offer this.
    Don't talk about your personal religious beliefs at work.
    Don't play Fox news to new employees in orientation!
    Do exit interviews and you might find out why people are leaving

eHarmony Response

Oct 23, 2014Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for sharing your opinions. We definitely do share our press coverage with employees -- from FOX news to CNN and Bloomberg as we spend over $100M on media per year and we are a ... More

There are newer employer reviews for eHarmony