There are newer employer reviews for eHarmony

Great People and Company Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than a year)

Pros

One thing I've noticed on our team is that eHarmony takes the time to hire the right people. Since it's a highly collaborative environment with even our VPs sitting out on the floor with us, it's important to find people who fit our team and company culture. That's primarily the reason why I love coming into work everyday.

The brand is expanding into different avenues, which is exciting. It shows we're growing and being creative, going beyond what eHarmony has been known for-- online dating and classic couple commercials. The design, image and marketing of eHarmony has been completely renovated within the last couple of years. The website and all social media platforms are fun and easy to view and use. The company itself has experienced a complete turnaround from prior years. The management team is probably the best I've seen within my experience working in corporate. We have biweekly meetings open to all employees that update everyone on what every department is working on. We're always on the same page in that way. The open door policy helps too. This is a big brand company that has managed to keep a family feel.

Work-life balance is great, they have all kinds of events that encourage us to invite our family. They have nice perks too. I haven't used their bikes to go to the beach yet but it's on my to-do list for lunch hour someday.

Cons

HMO Insurance is covered by company. If you want PPO though, the employee contribution rates are pretty high compared to my previous employers.

eHarmony Response

Oct 3, 2014Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for acknowledging our recruiting department, as I know they really work hard to find people who will be a great fit for our company. An open door policy is something I strongly believe in ... More

reviews filtered by

It was okay

I worked at eHarmony full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Great talents. Very fun product. Always a conversation starter with new (and sometimes old) friends. And they had a free shuttle for people who lived near Pasadena, CA (office is in Santa Monica)

Cons

Not easy to introduce new ideas and innovation to their way of doing things. Many of their teams (Tech, Product, Risk and Marketing) went through a lot of recent changes and turnovers. By the time I quit, a lot of people were leaving due to poor management.

Advice to Management

Commonsense. Flexibility. Encourage a trust based work environment. Give your talents the tools and freedom to excel in their roles instead of imposing limitations and micromanaging them.

The company makes sure we find balance between work and personal life.

Current Employee - Trust & Safety Specialist in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Trust & Safety Specialist in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are very good. The company also promotes a green environment so that we reduce our print in the environment.

Cons

Depending on the department you work, you don't get to enjoy the holidays as much as other departments. Work can be a little overwhelming which can be disheartening.

Advice to Management

There should be constant training regarding certain trends of online dating. Invest in more activities that promote interaction between different departments.

eHarmony Response

Jan 7, 2015Chief Operating Officer

Thank you, I appreciate your perspective. Things can always be improved in certain areas, so I encourage you to always share any ideas about how to improve work-life balance. We will be thinking ... More

There are newer employer reviews for eHarmony