eLoyalty

eloyalty.com

Overall great People to work with. Very bright, also enjoyed the clients they supported.

Support Desk/Help Desk Associate (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsAll direct management is there meaning you can walk over and talk to the VP of your department if you want. All open door policies. When you get past the service desk level (L1) you start to see very smart and some highly educated people, (there were only a few bright ones at the L1 level.) They are all eager to let you learn as much as you can from them. The L1 managers will even let you set up shadowing time for you to take and log out of the queues to help you further you knowledge of the software and equipment you support. They do believe in letting people work from home (only L2 and up, and all management has the ability to work from home.) The location is great as well. They also will pay for your certification Test and have purchase all the necessary documents and brain dumbs for you to get your CCNA or CCNP.

ConsThe company is owned by Teletech so you obey their rules. There are many processes to learn and the newest VP relies heavily on metrics. I understand how beneficial those can be, but to non-management, it is nothing but a pain in the rear to deal with.
The absolute worst thing that has come of metrics is the fact that you have to do a time sheet, You're time at the end of the day should equal the total hours you worked and you should have 40 hours on your time card at the end of the week (this is for hourly and salary as well). Also, your time card has to equal the same hours as your ticketing hours......yes, that's right, you also have to keep track of you time inside their ticketing system called Seibel. So if you touch 10 different accounts in one day and put 30 different updates in tickets ( ex. inbound call, notes, resolution, etc) then you now have to add up each individual time entry you put in, you might have 10 time entries for one account and you will have to do that for 10 different accounts. It is a very time consuming process. Take for example....you work Saturday when there is hardly anything to do.....at the end of the day you only have 3 hours logged in Seibel, you now have to go into another engineer's tickets and place notes in there saying something like " reviewed sr .25" until you reach 8 hours. The problem is most of those tickets already have other engineers that have done the same thing so you are scrambling to find tickets to put your time in at the end of the day. It's extremely stressful and demoralizing.

On the GSD side, (non-dedicated accounts) it seems like they hire whom ever for the L1 roles. There were a lot of lazy L1's that looked like they couldn't do simple division if asked. Some are very bright and go getters, but some are just down right worthless. They hire early 20 year olds with college degrees, some without college degrees, all the way to 60 years old for L1's. This makes it very hard to keep anyone, because you have the youngsters wanting to move up and make more money (which they will not pay) and then you have the older guys that have tons of experience and were just trying to find anything to make a pay check (mostly because they were let go from their former employers) until they get a better position from another company and leave.
Another annoying thing was that they don’t issue you the same laptop as everyone else. You might get a Lenovo, Dell, or HP……..many people share desk, because there is not enough room for all of us to have our own desk (24 hr NOC) so you have to make sure that you sit somewhere that has your docking station, if not, you have a cluttered desk that is a nightmare to work on. This just shows how much they don’t care about their lower level employee’s. Another way to prove this is all upper management has the top of the line laptops, some even have MAC pro’s, and IPADs!

Management and L2's on the Global service desk side only, abuse working from home. It is extremely inconvenient for engineers like L1's that can't work from home and need assistance from L2's or management. This means you can't get that "in person" assistance that you need when a huge incident occurs. From a 8 to 5 schedule, people would show up at 10:30am and leave at 2 pm saying they would be "working from home" the rest of the afternoon. It's basically a way to leave work early, and it only shows their laziness in my mind. Another excuse they would say is, “I'll be working from home this morning and will be in this afternoon," which is basically them saying "I'll be sleeping in this morning." I watch many of these people's Instant Message statuses when they do this and it almost always goes to "idle" or "away," meaning they aren't by their computer, yet they said they are working.....from home!

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice.......If you are interviewing for a roll in the management side of the house ( ops manager, service delivery manager, or analyst) or becoming anything other than the Global service desk (GSD) (L2,L3, change management team) you will have it made. All those cons I just listed turn into pros for you. As for all those interviewing for L1 position's: You can see from my cons how many pros you don't get to have access to, that’s why I recommend it for people that are just trying to find a full time position at the bottom level (which is very hard in the tech industry these days) that pays moderately well for beginners that want to learn from bright engineers, then get out and make more somewhere else.

Great place to learn UCCE on your own

IP Telephony Engineer, ELoyalty L1 (Current Employee) Mandaluyong City (Philippines)

I have been working at eLoyalty full-time for more than a year

Pros: Compensation is good if you have bargained a good starting salary, company gives above industry standard, (based on philippines standard rates). You get to interact with… Cons: Its a great place to learn on your own, but company provides no formal training at all, they just let you out in the world… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in a training program, with constant up trainings. salary alignment… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Stepping Stone

Account Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at eLoyalty full-time

Pros: eLoyalty is a fast paced company. You will get to touch… Cons: Constantly changing work environment. Most changes do not appear to be well thought out.… Advice to Senior Management: Work Life balance is terrible unless you are a director Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on eLoyalty.

Worked for eLoyalty? Contribute to the Community!