There are newer employer reviews for ecoATM

Fresh start up, that has some growing pains to work out

Current Employee - Tier I Technical Support  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Tier I Technical Support in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ecoATM as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good team that works to pull the weakest up. An extensive training, and then a mentor system that gets new employees use to the machine you work with. A team of individuals that know continue to share ideas and help educate but at the same time understand how to have a laugh. Plus there's free soda, and chips

Cons

Not the highest paid technical support, management seems to be a bit confused, and poor communication between staff and management

Better communication. And stand by your rules, and employees

3 Other Employee Reviews for ecoATM (View Most Recent)

a complete and utter mess

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at ecoATM for more than a year

Pros

you get to talk to interesting people throughout the country, good benefits

Cons

frequent mechanical errors with machines, customers dropping phones into the accessory bin, strict policies to get stolen devices back (police reports plus a written authorization) resolutions often take 2 weeks to a month to handle, slow moving departments. the customers that we often get are desperate for cash and will scream and cry to you on the phone, yet you have zero power as an agent to help them. The term "glorified secretary" is a joke that we often share as agents. Highly stressful, low pay, and very little power to help a customer. Unless you have a masterlike zen, avoid working for this company.

work on making the kiosks more reliable and having a quicker turnaround time to send people their devices and "short payments" sent to them.

Growing company that is still learning

Former Employee - Technical Support Agent
    Former Employee - Technical Support Agent

I worked at ecoATM full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed working environment (casual attire)
    Flexible hours (Operate under Mall hours)
    Comfortable office
    Provide free office snacks (granola bars/cookies etc)
    Decent starting hourly pay $14 dollars an hour (Con - Hired as temp)

Cons

A lot of dissatisfied customer calls -
    There were MANY times the kiosk would glitch and eat the customer's phone providing NO MONEY. Obviously this led to many pissed off customers and the only thing we could do for them was have them wait 4-6 weeks to get their phone back (if we were even able to locate it) or send them a check for the minimum quote value which took 2-3 weeks to be shipped.

No training -
    At times this could be very frustrating because during the morning shifts you work with a 3rd party company (pitney bowes) performing repairs on kiosks remotely. Many times the repair agents DO NOT know what to do so this made the process very frustrating and time consuming.

Unprofessional Management -
    Besides the office swearing, mainly, there was no sense of urgency for making the customer happy. Many times customers would call asking for the manager to follow up on their missing/eaten phone. Most of the time the manager wouldn't take the call and had us tell the customer he was in a meeting. To the managers defense, there was only one manager leading to work overload.

Being the brilliant idea EcoATM is has led it to be a fast growing company, with that said, there are a lot of things the company needs to improve on. Mostly, they need improvement in engineering to stop kiosk glitches and provide better training for their employees. EcoATM is a company that is in a learning process.

There are newer employer reviews for ecoATM

Worked for ecoATM? Contribute to the Community!