There are newer employer reviews for eshots

Great place for beginners in the event management field.

Former Employee - Event Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Event Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at eshots

Pros

scheduling, travel, networking, really tests and improves your organizational skills

Cons

if you don't like to travel or to work some hard days, then this field is not for you.

Advice to Management

leadership was very nice, but from what I experienced could use a bit more "managerial" training... I felt like I was being led by peers, not by trained managers. It felt like a very new company while I worked there, so things may have changed by now.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Smoke and mirrors, from products to employees

I have been working at eshots

Pros

Some of the employees were fun to work with (non-management). Some people would be close and go out after work and socialize.

Cons

Awful leadership, each member of management will act like they care about the company and its employees; but behind closed doors they genuinely don't care. Constantly lied to about how much you were worth in the market. Well below-average salary, below average benefits. Very long hours for some departments. Claim innovation, but are in fact desperately lacking due to zero product leadership. Claim to be a tech company, yet doesn't know the difference from a web developer and a software developer.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve. Get REAL product leadership and vision. Hire people for their talent and skills, not their ability to 'fit in'.

2. Small company that enables you to have direct impact.

I have been working at eshots full-time

Pros

You have control over your destiny at eshots, no matter what level you are. Your opinion will be heard and you even have opportunity to make the change where necessary. The company itself is positioned well in a niche industry.

Cons

In growing pains, therefore process, roles and compensation have to be redefined.