There are newer employer reviews for f.y.e.

Good stores to work at, bad company to work for.

Current Employee - Lead Associate
Current Employee - Lead Associate

I have been working at f.y.e.

Pros

A fun environment with exciting people. If you have a decent store with a decent team you can feel very proud and excited about work. The products are new and interesting. You recieve up to date information on the media and advancements in home technology.

Cons

Corporate is detatched and unhelpful. There is no connnection between the stores and upper management. LIttle to no positive reinforcment for meeting and exceeding goals. No job security with no oppurtunities for advancement. You can expect to work full time hours for part time benefits.

Take care of your employees. Offer oppurtunities for advancement as well as positive re-inforcment for excellent work. Focus more on customer service to drive sales and less on little non-important tasks.

101 Other Employee Reviews for f.y.e. (View Most Recent)

f.y.e. store manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at f.y.e.

Pros

Product fun and interesting. Small crews; easier to get a full crew that is engaged and likes their job. Good Health insurance. All in all, I liked this job and am sorry it is over.

Cons

A lot of pressure on selling frequent buyer card, "free" magazine subscriptions, etc. Not very many hours. Advance communication concerning large tasks could have been better. But, again, I'd take my old job back in a heartbeat. (I think most jobs have a downside; the pros far outwieghed the cons for me).

More advance information to store managers concerning large tasks, so they can schedule more effectively.

Eh....

I have been working at f.y.e.

Pros

If you know the product and enjoy it this job is a lot of fun. You can meet a lot of new people while working and meet interesting customers.

Cons

Upper Management treats other employees unfair and thinks of themselves to be better than everyone else. The pay is not great and the opportunity for pay raises does not come along very often

Pay attention to employees concerns and help out a little bit more on the sales floor. Don't blame your mistakes on other associates and be willing to do your own projects instead of handing them out to other people.

There are newer employer reviews for f.y.e.