overall a good experience

Former Employee - Operations in Lenexa, KS
Former Employee - Operations in Lenexa, KS

I worked at freightquote.com

Pros

Most employees leave at 5:00 daily - work life balance Good company and overall growth - seems financially stable Supportive coworkers Opportunities for advancement especially at lower levels Good benefits Cooperation cross departments Promotion opportunities are there if u work for them (and stay on leadership good side by whatever means necessary)

Cons

Senior leadership tends to drive out people who may have different opinions from them. Ethics may go out the window when expedient (and no one is looking). The higher level managers that have stuck around are the order takers who don't add any passion or insight - they grind through reacting to whatever the orders of the day are. Not a prob unless you are coming into a mngmt role.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Change just for change

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at freightquote.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people make the atmosphere.

Cons

Management is constantly making changes just to make them and HR has no idea what's going on. Internally, it's a dysfunctional place to work. Company states there is a lot of room for advancement opportunities, but they seem to hire from the outside more than promoting good workers from within.

Advice to Management

There should be more transparency and communication to employees; trust has been lost amongst the employee population and the attitude of "everyone is replaceable" needs to go away so that a healthier workplace starts to develop.

2. Freightquote is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at freightquote.com

Pros

FQ has a great work/life balance. The benefits are great, PTO is generous. My manager gives me weekly feedback on my performance and things going on around the company. My opportunity for growth is great and I'm looking forward to a long career at FQ. I can say that I truly enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

I personally don't have any cons about the company. We are a growing company, and with any company that experiences growth, there are always going to be a few bumps in the road.

Advice to Management

The managers that I've had the opportunity to work with have always been very professional and encouraging. FQ is a great place to work your way up within the company if your interested in a management position.