freightquote.com

www.freightquote.com
  www.freightquote.com
There are newer employer reviews for freightquote.com

Good overall with a few bumps along the way

Current Employee - Account Representative in Saint Anthony, MN
Current Employee - Account Representative in Saint Anthony, MN

I have been working at freightquote.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A newer company in the Transportation business so the upside potential is great.
Employment possibilities in the Transportation Industry is huge so it is a good place to begin a career. Phone sales 100% so your not out in traffic jams. To make the real money in this business takes time, but the company does offer a ramp up bonus for new employees.

Cons

The challenge in this job is between your ears, you have to be mentally in shape to do this job every day and not get into a negative thought pattern.

Your heading in the right direction with your recent employee round table discussion with the COO
Was very impressed.

102 Other Employee Reviews for freightquote.com (View Most Recent)

Roller coaster - job / career not as advertised - don't buy the hype

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at freightquote.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work around, nice building, health care - Named One of the “Best Companies to Work For” in 2008* by a local business magazine. *Caveat emptor: it's 2012, things have changed.

Cons

In 2008 the Owner/Founder was quoted in a local business journal as saying: “Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is something we encourage all of our employees to do, It is our cultural view that you work from 8:00 to 5:00 and the rest of the time is your time.”

“We see a strong correlation between our consistent growth year over year and our continual focus on hiring the best people and providing them a great workplace environment,” he added, “These growth awards are a tribute to the commitment and dedication of all Freightquote employees.”

The same man is at the top; ask any employee in 2012 to read that and ask if it describes Freightquote 2012 and they'll laugh in your face. As mentioned elsewhere here the workload has tripled, pay has been slashed, pay decelerators kick you when you are down while they heap the rewards on a few and put their workload on others and eliminate logistics support. Every organization needs a few pretty boys for the others to aspire to I guess but that plan has back-fired and created resentment rather than motivation.

Visualize: "Maintaining a healthy work-life balance".

Reconsider: a "cultural view where you work from 8:00 to 5:00 and the rest of the time is your time.”

Rediscover: the "strong correlation between consistent growth year over year and a continual focus on hiring the best people and providing them a great workplace environment"

Regain: the "commitment and dedication of ALL Freightquote employees" and reap the rewards: "consistent growth, year over year" and being named “Best Companies to Work For” award in the foreseeable future.

High Stress, diminishing pay, roller coaster of change

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at freightquote.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good health bennies, matching retirement

Cons

Pay plan switches all the time, normally for the worse, unpaid overtime, no breaks other than lunch, going down hill quick. They seem to be closing down departments, don't seem to have a clear direction or at least aren't able to communicate a clear vision on where this company is headed or what it wants to be. IPO, for sale, or just keep changing until all the good people are gone?

Go back to your roots, treat people like adults again, grow the business.

There are newer employer reviews for freightquote.com