There are newer employer reviews for gdkn

Still loving it !

I have been working at gdkn full-time

Pros

EVP has been hands on with our team. Rewarded Performance with sizable raises. Gave us promotions for performance. Received a double digit percentage wise (very happy - he he) increase and additional accounts to serve. There has been a major reorganization ongoing. The changes have been good for those of us wanting to focus on work. Some of the negative influences have been eliminated. This is helping the morale greatly. Open communication has helped a lot too.

Cons

Lot of work to do.To me its an opportunity to make a lot of money and its job security.

Please keep the open lines of communication going.

5 Other Employee Reviews for gdkn (View Most Recent)

DON'T WORK HERE!!! If you have other options take them, this is a last resort company to work for.

I have been working at gdkn full-time for less than a year

Pros

NONE, other that having a job! Don't work here unless you are desperate! You will regret it!!! Please take my advise you will regret it. PLEASE READ BELOW!!!!

Cons

WOW, where do I start!
    I applied to an ad for a job opening. Little did I know what I would be in for. I agreed to take the job and that's when I should I have known they were not professionals! I received an email to complete my paperwork and I don't know if the grammar from their email or the system I was directed to use was worse. When I called to get assistance to complete the paperwork, my recruiter and their onboarding admin was about impossible to get on the phone, when I finally did get a hold of them, they were not able to answer my questions. I am not even sure if their office was located in the US. The person that was assigned to help me complete my paperwork could barely speak English (heavy Indian accent). I have worked for agencies in the past and this was the most difficult time I had to start.
    Finally the process was complete. Upon starting I was not advised that I would have to enter my hours into a time keeping system (because of the lack of communication). I had to call and inquire how I would get paid, that was when I was told. I finally entered my time. When I called to see if they had received my time, I was told no. Something told me to make screen shots of my time entry, which I did. Even with the proof that I had entered my time, there were still issues. Then I was told that my first check would not be paid to me on the scheduled pay date, because my manager did not approve it. I explained that I had just started and my manager was on vacation and there was no one else here to approve my time. I explained to this to my recruiter and the onboarding admin and they were very nonchalant. After working for 3 weeks anticipating my first paycheck I was told that I can receive my wages. Finally after making a big deal about it, I was told I can get an IOU, why would it be an IOU when I had worked for the last 3 weeks. So after anticipating my check on Friday, I was told I can 75% of my check deposited on Monday. But I had already made previous obligations to my creditors to pay them on Friday. I did receive my partial funds (75%) on Monday and incurred a few NSF fees, which they would not reimburse me for. Even though I had done my due diligence to get my time entered on time.
    THIER PAY IS NOT COMPETITIVE!!! When I spoke to others at my job site that went though other agencies they were making more money than me for doing the same job and we had started at the same time. Also there benefits are not competitive either.
    Needless to say, I went though another agency for the same job and I get paid much better. The benefits are much cheaper with my new employer. I also get paid 3 vacation days for my first year. GDKN only paid for time worked, no holidays or vacation days.
    I know in these days and times people need to be employed but really consider what you are doing before you apply here. If you have alternatives, USE THEM!!!

Don't know management, but I think they are very cheap and don't know the price of doing business and having happy employees that will refer future employees to them.

Don't do it! Run for the hills!!!

Former Employee - Recruiter CCL  in  Pembroke Pines, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter CCL in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at gdkn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-There is free coffee
    -Every 2nd week the company buys bagels for breakfast
    -We get to use wide screen monitors
    -Jeans on Fridays

Cons

-Constant micromanagement
    -No Health Insurance/401K or benefits as an internal employee (Recruiter)
    -Today's Commissions are paid at the end of the next quarter. I didn't get my first check until after my 5th month
    -Promised a raise, never happened.
    -You will be encouraged to work unpaid overtime, however when you miss work and make up the hours you're not paid for it. You are told you are a salaried employee so they don't have to pay OT. However, when you miss hours/days you are hourly. LOL.
    -Low commissions and base salary.
    -3 paid Vacation Days a year (Yes, that was not a typo). Anytime you take a day off, you are questioned the next day because they assume you're interviewing.
    -Expect daily verbal abuse as a recruiter. (That is guaranteed)
    -Toxic work culture.
    -You are forced to pay for breakfast for the whole company every 3 months. As a new employee i was stunned, then i just rolled with it.
    -You are also forced to by co-worker birthday gifts, even if you don't know them. The manager walks around the office shaking you down until you give up the cash.
    -Management is unprofessional and incompetent.

-Stop making promises you can't keep. Don't promise a raise and then not deliver.
    -Maybe you should ask yourself why all your good recruiters and HR professionals are gone in less than a year.
    -Pay your internal employees real benefits/health insurance/vacation time and 401K.
    -Stop treating women in the office like 2nd class citizens. Just because the owners are Indian doesn't mean we women should be treated like lesser people.

There are newer employer reviews for gdkn

Worked for gdkn? Contribute to the Community!