gloProfessional

www.gloprofessional.com
  www.gloprofessional.com
There are newer employer reviews for gloProfessional

Good sales people can make a great living at glo!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at gloProfessional full-time

Pros

glo has great tools (database) to track your clients and purchases. I like that I work independently the majority of the time. I am able to get management support when I need it. glo offers a variety of great quality products. Flexibility of client choice and that variety make it very easy to open accounts and do well. glo offers clients great retail support and rewards. I find my manager to be experienced and able to offer suggestions. A great balance to have in a manager. I opt to stay with glo because they do offer a small salary, competitive commission rates and a car allowance along with reimbursement of expenses for travel in a large territory.

Cons

glo is no different than anyone else, they want results from the sales team. Give them the results or they give you more "supervision and guidance" than you might want. I find this to be an industry standard. If you are looking for a company car, an expense account and designated office time this isn't the place for you. I find the paperwork involved with this and any sales job to be a "con". While I love the database, maintaining it takes time; often more than I am willing to give. At the end of every day, this is still a great job.

Keep the great product development coming. The opportunities to make good commissions and offer great products to clients is what keeps a good sales force. I think you are on the right track.

24 Other Employee Reviews for gloProfessional (View Most Recent)

The perfect example of a dysfunctional working environment

I have been working at gloProfessional

Pros

What I enjoyed most about this position is that the employees are easy to get along with. Most are polite, and show genuine compassion for each other.

Cons

--No official values or mission statement
    --No cohesive brand identity, including a standardized logo.
    --No formal performance review process. Silence from senior management is considered positive
    --Human Resources department is powerless. Complaints are simply documented and left to the employees to resolve.
    --Disciplinary hearings are disguised as casual, work-related meetings where employees are then confronted by their immediate supervisor and Senior Management, subjected to inappropriate questioning, threatened with termination, and discouraged from documenting their grievances.
    --Senior management does not communicate effectively with subordinates. Critical decisions are frequently changed, subject to ongoing debate, and eventually forgotten
    --Senior management has lofty ambitions but fails to provide concrete objectives, strategies, and tactics to materialize them.
    --Senior management regularly interferes with activities of the accounting department such as making sudden collection calls that could be labeled as harassment.
    --When the Connecticut-based CEO calls, emails, or visits the office, he likes to call on various employees who are expected to abandon their responsibilities to attend spontaneous meetings or fulfill arbitrary projects. Failure to respond to the CEO’s requests is vehemently discouraged.
    --All projects must be “approved” at every stage by senior management. Employees are given responsibilities, but no autonomy in fulfilling them. Any attempts at gaining independence, or enhancing the efficiency of workflow is labeled as threatening or manipulative.
    --Employees are responsible for reminding senior management to complete critical tasks that are often neglected until the last minute or ultimately forgotten.
    --Senior management is vocal about emphasizing punctuality, yet meetings always start 15-45 minutes past their scheduled time, last on average one to two and a half hours, and include four to five page agendas.
    --Supervisors are encouraged to micro-manage their subordinates including monitoring all internal and external communication (e-mails, phone calls, etc.). Micro-management is viewed as a positive method of avoiding error, not an irrational attempt at control that realistically extends the duration of projects, decreases productivity, and discourages creativity.

Treat your employees as a valuable resource

Great for Sales Experence to Use with a Better Company

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at gloProfessional

Pros

You obtain sales experience for your resume, as well as numbers to document your successes to other companies. You also receive warehouse, customer service, product research and develment experience (this can be looked at as a pro or con, I suppose). This job also gives you the opportunity to network with others in the same field of work.

Cons

You are not compensated for the work you do. They have a very low pay rate. Most of the sales consultants had other side jobs in order to cover expenses. glo requires you to pay any expenses up front and get reimbursed. They also do not reimburse you for gas. This can be detrimental is you have a large territory. They do not provide a car, only a very small monthly allowance that is meant to cover office supply expenses, wear and tear on your car, insurance costs, etc. It does not cover all of these expenses. Be aware that you will have a large out of pocket expense for this position.
    glo also does not give office days or hours. You are required to be on the road prospecting and visiting accounts 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. But they do require your sales notes are in by the end of the day. Be prepared to work until 11pm to meet their requirements.
    They have an extrememely high turnover. This is proof enough that it is not a company to stay with long term.

Look at retaining your employees and compensating them what they are worth. glo's business would grow exponentially if you could only keep your sales force. Accounts get frustrated when they have a new consultant every 6 months to a year and venture to a new line that is more stable.
    Words of encourage and praise are helpful as well. Sales professionals do not respond well to intimadation style management. The CEO should be more involved. I believe he has the ability to lead a very successful company, but he trusts others to run the show. Unfortanately, they are running the company into the ground in many ways.

gloProfessional Response

Feb 28, 2013Corporate Recruiter

gloProfessional offers $600.00 per month for gas and car allowance, a corporate cell phone and laptop effective last year 10.2012. Our compensation structure is lucrative as we offer a base ... More

There are newer employer reviews for gloProfessional