hhgregg
www.hhgregg.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

They hire outside for mgrs instead of from within especially where women are concerned.

Orlando, FL

ProsThey hire older people whom many push aside for the younger generation. They do realize the older generation has a lot of work ethics that some of the younger generation does not.

ConsThey care nothing for their employees. They keep taking away from us to open up new stores. No consideration at all for employees making a living. TThe saleshey are commission based and they keep cutting the commission so you can't make any money. They invent ways to take back what you earn. They keep changing the structure and eliminate positions with no warning.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up because if the economy picks up you will lose a lot of employees. I believe you already are seeing many managers and sales people running in the opposite direction.

Impossible to cover all of the bases

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Huber Heights, OH

I have been working at hhgregg

Pros: There is a good opportunity to make decent money, and move up in the company if you… Cons: To become a head manager you have to pick up and move when they tell you to. Which could mean moving a far distance without… Advice to Senior Management: It feels as if the employees are reaching for unattainable numbers. Statistics should be either fitted to each particular store, or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Like an abusive marriage.

Memphis, TN

I have been working at hhgregg

Pros: Discount: Everything at cost The building has A/C. (Between the hours… Cons: On the Sales floor: Ridiculous hours "Chinese overtime" (That's what they call it) No customers in the building? Your fault. Severe favoritism. Warehouse: The pay you're hired at is… Advice to Senior Management: I keep trying to think of advice, but honestly this… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hhgregg reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for hhgregg CEO Dennis L. May. All reviews posted anonymously by hhgregg employees.