hhgregg

www.hhgregg.com
  www.hhgregg.com
There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

They hire outside for mgrs instead of from within especially where women are concerned.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at hhgregg

Pros

They hire older people whom many push aside for the younger generation. They do realize the older generation has a lot of work ethics that some of the younger generation does not.

Cons

They care nothing for their employees. They keep taking away from us to open up new stores. No consideration at all for employees making a living. TThe saleshey are commission based and they keep cutting the commission so you can't make any money. They invent ways to take back what you earn. They keep changing the structure and eliminate positions with no warning.

Wake up because if the economy picks up you will lose a lot of employees. I believe you already are seeing many managers and sales people running in the opposite direction.

498 Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg (View Most Recent)

Impossible to cover all of the bases

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Huber Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Huber Heights, OH

I have been working at hhgregg

Pros

There is a good opportunity to make decent money, and move up in the company if you are patient. The managers are pretty understanding about time off and occurrences where one may miss work.

Cons

To become a head manager you have to pick up and move when they tell you to. Which could mean moving a far distance without any information on compensation. The numbers you are supposed to meet, don't correspond with the service you're told to provide. They tell you to give excellent customer service, yet sell things that have profit in them. So customers looking at items with no mark up get overlooked and/or dropped.

It feels as if the employees are reaching for unattainable numbers. Statistics should be either fitted to each particular store, or more precise in their evaluation. During slow months there are going to be lacks in performance, these should be accounted for

My Divisional VP has made my decision to work for this growing retailer a horrible experience.

Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at hhgregg

Pros

The insurance coverage works very well for my life. I greatly appreciate the amount it covers and the low cost as well.

Cons

Slowing losing its culture that has made it great.

There needs to be more of a concerted effort to ensure there is a work, life balance provided to store leadership. Not allowing store leadership to have a Saturday as a regular off day, feels that upper leadership is out of touch with the need for a work, life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg