hhgregg
www.hhgregg.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

Very Lean Company

Territory Commercial Manager (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

ProsBy having less employees at the corporate level it makes it "leaner." This allows decisions to happen a lot faster though they are not always the right one... The company is very aggressive with making sales wich can mean more money in your pocket being that your pay is either all or part commission. Customers will not have to wait to get assistance in the store because the associates have to sell to make money. Excellent selection of high-end appliances in certain stores.

ConsThe company is trying to expand to quickly. By being lean it often doesn't have the man power to accomplish goals. My biggest complaint was the lack of product, which forces an associate to sale a product to a customer that may not be right for them. This is very true in the store level because they work on commission alone, which also forces them to steal sales from each other and can ruin a potentially large sale in the process by a commercial manager. Another con is the lack of higher end electronics, which is made up for by very nice appliances but they aren't offered in all stores nor by commercial managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive an hourly rate to the store associates and increase product totals. Increase the amount of higher-end electronics and offer the high-end appliances in all stores.

Great salesman, horrible upper management

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Whitehall, PA

I worked at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros: Awesome co-workers. Experienced and always helpful. Decent pay for an entry level job. I've learned alot, mostly self taught. It feels… Cons: Abysmal customer base. 3/4 of the day is spent standing around praying for a sale. Pay is strictly commission, and when people want price matches you… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to get it together, as well as their advertising department. I see this company lasting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The place is great if you only need to make 36,000 per year

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros: Easy sales job for newbies Cons: Lied to about everything from managers Advice to Senior Management: Fire all the sears executives. Running the company in… More
There are newer reviews on hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hhgregg reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for hhgregg CEO Dennis L. May. All reviews posted anonymously by hhgregg employees.