hhgregg

www.hhgregg.com

Very Lean Company

Territory Commercial Manager (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsBy having less employees at the corporate level it makes it "leaner." This allows decisions to happen a lot faster though they are not always the right one... The company is very aggressive with making sales wich can mean more money in your pocket being that your pay is either all or part commission. Customers will not have to wait to get assistance in the store because the associates have to sell to make money. Excellent selection of high-end appliances in certain stores.

ConsThe company is trying to expand to quickly. By being lean it often doesn't have the man power to accomplish goals. My biggest complaint was the lack of product, which forces an associate to sale a product to a customer that may not be right for them. This is very true in the store level because they work on commission alone, which also forces them to steal sales from each other and can ruin a potentially large sale in the process by a commercial manager. Another con is the lack of higher end electronics, which is made up for by very nice appliances but they aren't offered in all stores nor by commercial managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive an hourly rate to the store associates and increase product totals. Increase the amount of higher-end electronics and offer the high-end appliances in all stores.

Better Than Most Entry Level Positions

Customer Service Merchandiser (Current Employee) Miami, FL

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of hours and paid holidays Friendly Staff and relaxed atmosphere Easy policy and procedures guideline that makes it very hard to make a mistake. Customer Service if… Cons: Lots of hours but mostly condensed into 12 and 13 hour shifts. Having to Pay for your own uniform with shipping costing almost as much as… Advice to Senior Management: When on the lookout for new managers try to hire within first instead of bringing people who are new to the company to take over… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not bad for a retail gig.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Colonial Heights, VA

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent pay for what your doing. Flexibility in doing what you want when you want. get to help people get what they need. It's not… Cons: Sometimes have to go through extra crap just to get paid properly, i.e commision… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to management is to not be a manager, ive been hearing ever since I starting working how the sales people make more money,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!