hhgregg
www.hhgregg.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

HH Gregg was an excellent commission based sales job in retail

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

ProsHH Gregg offered good commission for electronics sales when I was there. They has a great President's club program and they always carried great products to sell. Several times as a top sales associate I was given the opportunity to travel to other cities and help open and sell at new store grand openings. This was always a very profitable opportunity.

ConsBecause HH Gregg is a retail electronics store you will have to work on almost all weekends, Holidays and you will put in some long hours during most weeks. When the company decided to reset the department you are often asked to do this with no compensation for it since you are a comission based sales associate. There were many times that I created the reset myself to ensure that we had the best set up to sell the products.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management at HH Gregg often will come down hard on the sales associates about selling the extended service plans. They also had a tendency to micro-manage the sales associates to the point of interferring with their sales to try and make sure that they sell the extended service plans. This would often backfire on them.

Outdated sales model, crappy commission structure

Electronics Sales Pro (Former Employee)
    Terre Haute, IN

I worked at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's a job. Get "cost" on most items in store.… Cons: Commission based on profit of sales. Problem is, goods sold have lower and lower profit margin every year.… Advice to Senior Management: Change compensation model for sales associates. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you can take the flip flopping

Home Theater Sales (Current Employee)
    Wilmington, NC

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros: You can make money if the customers come in but lately not a… Cons: Your life/work balance is not there all there way. Management tends to play favorites. They want you to sell a product but not train you… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hhgregg reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for hhgregg CEO Dennis L. May. All reviews posted anonymously by hhgregg employees.