There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

WORST JOB I'VE EVER HAD

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Downers Grove, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The discount which is "Landed Cost". And your co-workers, who are like family, although everyone is looking for a new career....

Cons

I've have over 20 years of retail management and sales expericance, and hhgregg by for is the absolute worst company I've worked for. As a sales associate you will work a min of 45+ hours / week, and if your lucky get 4 ups a day. Management is not consistent they are all bark but no bite. The culture in the store is horrible, no one wants to work there, and this all stems from the store general manager. He still has yet to realize the stores negativity all comes from him.

Hhgregg Downers Grove is currently hiring.... But I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Don't work sales people 45+ hours/week (during the holidays this is fine, but not during the summer).

reviews filtered by
  1. HH Gregg was an excellent commission based sales job in retail

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at hhgregg full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

HH Gregg offered good commission for electronics sales when I was there. They has a great President's club program and they always carried great products to sell. Several times as a top sales associate I was given the opportunity to travel to other cities and help open and sell at new store grand openings. This was always a very profitable opportunity.

Cons

Because HH Gregg is a retail electronics store you will have to work on almost all weekends, Holidays and you will put in some long hours during most weeks. When the company decided to reset the department you are often asked to do this with no compensation for it since you are a comission based sales associate. There were many times that I created the reset myself to ensure that we had the best set up to sell the products.

Advice to Management

The management at HH Gregg often will come down hard on the sales associates about selling the extended service plans. They also had a tendency to micro-manage the sales associates to the point of interferring with their sales to try and make sure that they sell the extended service plans. This would often backfire on them.

2. Its nice work if you can get it

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Crystal Lake, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Crystal Lake, IL

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

getting to help people find their right TV or appliance and know they will enjoy them without worry.

Cons

Long hours, standing all day, sometimes overly cut throat or intrusive sales people, lack of commitment or community from some sales people.

Advice to Management

Pull more from inside to fill management slots, getting people with experience from competitors can ease a little bit of training but there is a reason we are doing better that the other guys and bringing in people who do things 'their' way may not pan out.

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg