There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

Changed Rules of Engagement

Former Employee - Appliance Sales  in  Rockford, IL
Former Employee - Appliance Sales in Rockford, IL

I worked at hhgregg full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding opportunities if you are selling in a destination store and probably in Indianapolis area. Grand Opening was great for the store and the company but not necessarily for the Sales Associates. I had 2 of 3 outstanding sales managers willing to assist in closing sales. First GM was not exceptional as a leader but promoted to early to a GM Role.

Cons

Rules of Engagement Change....We were informed that HH Gregg would take profitable business and did so with some price negotiation. Two months after opening a new direction...Lost our DM who had been with HH Gregg for over 20 years and we became a Sears in philosophy...Not always seeking a sale....A new bonus structure for Managers did not make it a great new place to work for them either.

Do not follow the Sears Model or the BB Model. Return to the Take the Profitable Business Model and continue growth. You built the company with the HH Gregg Philosophy; don't destroy it with the Sears or BB Model!

461 Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg (View Most Recent)

Great company, Long Hours, great pay and discounts

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed working there when I did. The company is great, well managed and treats employees fairly well. Compensation on all levels is above average and training is thorough. Customers can get irritated that you want to help and make a sale, but that is the business

Cons

Long, long hours. You cannot take any holidays on the holiday because of the absolute hysteria that is the season. Some of the upper management when i was there was ruthless. Person in question is no longer employed for that reason.

Keep on the pace, do not buy into stocking movies and game, do not get ahead of yourself. You are doing well against Best Buy and stay in the niche of being experts in the field.

new store 9 weeks and cut 60 % of staff.

Former Employee - Warehouse  in  Saint Peters, MO
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Saint Peters, MO

I worked at hhgregg full-time for less than a year

Pros

possible employee discount if you last more than 90 days

Cons

roller coaster shift schedules, antiquated software, 5 managers

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!