hhgregg
www.hhgregg.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

It's a job

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at hhgregg full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you want full time employment it's there for the taking, and benefits kick in very quickly. Management helps out a lot with sales and has tremendous floor presence. Customers were treated very well. Commission structure is nice. It's better than a lot of comparable retail environments.

ConsHours are entirely awful, especially in the middle of the summer. Most of the day is spent standing around waiting to have a customer to help (in other words - most of the day you do absolutely nothing, which means you aren't making any money). Way, way too much of your salary completely depends on PSP/Extended Warranty sales - make no mistake, if you choose to work here and you aren't very good at selling snake oil, er, PSP, you will be taking home near minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down with your expansion, and keep to your older philosophies that worked and allowed you to get as big as you are. If you want to kill Sears, don't try to be like them.

Changed Rules of Engagement

Appliance Sales (Former Employee)
Rockford, IL

I worked at hhgregg full-time for less than a year

Pros: Outstanding opportunities if you are selling in a destination store and probably in Indianapolis area. Grand Opening was great for the store and the company… Cons: Rules of Engagement Change....We were informed that HH Gregg would take profitable business and did so with some price negotiation. Two months after opening a… Advice to Senior Management: Do not follow the Sears Model or the BB Model. Return to the Take the Profitable Business Model and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company, Long Hours, great pay and discounts

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros: I really enjoyed working there when I did. The company is great, well managed and treats employees fairly well. Compensation on all levels… Cons: Long, long hours. You cannot take any holidays on the holiday because of the absolute hysteria that is the season. … Advice to Senior Management: Keep on the pace, do not buy into stocking movies and game, do not get ahead of yourself.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hhgregg reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for hhgregg CEO Dennis L. May. All reviews posted anonymously by hhgregg employees.