www.hhgregg.com
There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

BULLYING...

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Prices, great customer service is what seperates us from others.

Cons

Poor managment. DM likes to overlook situations severe disciplinary actions. refuses to take care of his managment and write anyone up. intimidation in the workplace from managment.

GET IT TOGETHER!!! The best business you could have is if your employees are happy. If they are not happy, your not going to make HHGregg a profitable company. Listen to your associates, take the proper action, listen to your associates/department managers, they arent always getting the respect that they deserve. Respect your managers, some of them are being bullied on the job. Higher managment WONT do anything about it. If you disrespect your department manager what does that say to associates. It tells them that they can do the same thing. RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT!!!

511 Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg (View Most Recent)

hhgregg

I have been working at hhgregg

Pros

Family friendly company, good employee discounts, open door policy, good salary, etc

Cons

Poor health benefits plans, lack of operations training for new and existing employees, etc.

Switch the health insurance so it is NOT a self-funded plan. Also explore better benefits with reduced employee premiums and/or other more affordable options. Training for new hires needs to be more than sales, sales, sales. New hires need POS training, operations training and exposure to different departments to be more well rounded. Budgets/goals for the stores, Regions and Corporate Offices need to be attainable and realistic. I think the company should focus on investing in the current stores instead of spending money on expanding the company. With stock price falling fast, I think the company should be investing in the current opportunities instead of future ones. I feel like the company is growing too fast and losing touch with what made them successful in the first place. I think hiring Senior Manager's from competitors is a horrible idea. hhgregg is hhgregg, not Sears or Best Buy. I think hhgregg should be developing talent and promoting from within. hhgregg is unique and should not be trying to replicate anyone else.

Great opportunities

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at hhgregg full-time

Pros

Great paying job
    New opportunities opening as new stores open every year
    Customer interaction
    Great people to work with

Cons

Too much push for the cellphones sales but not enough marketing to get tgose customers into the stores

Positive thinking will bring us positive resuls

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg