hhgregg

Too Much

Current Employee - Sales Manager
Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

HH is a GREAT company, and growing my career with them has made me a better retail manager and person. The company is still small, so communication all the way to the top is just an e-mail away. Bonus potential is fantastic and they generally pay their management staff a decent wage.

Cons

Remember that decent wage I mentioned above? Prepare to sign your life over for that money. They are taking too much on their plate too quickly. Their desire to compete with the nationwide appliance and electronics companies have left their staff stretched very thin. Forget work/life balance.

We are not Sears. Stop focusing all of your competitive reports around them and hiring their upper management. Sears is a not the ideal business model!

548 Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg (View Most Recent)

this job blow blow blows

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good money for doing nothing

Cons

good money but no life. if you dont mind doing nothing but working then a good job. if you have any type of life then you wont enjoy

stop sucking. managers are liars. its always your fault customer didnt buy. stop making me come in an hour early to have the same training 5 times in a row on a single fridge.

Never had such a hard time making money doing something I love.

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discount on some items is great, while some items offer non existent discounts

Cons

Management cannot seem to keep their thoughts together. Having 3 managers total, and sometimes only 1 on the floor is a completely useless practice.

Any sales and special promotions come directly off of your commission at the rate paid for profit, even if there is no profit in the item. You sometimes LOSE money by selling.

Figure out your plan for each manager and work on unifying a style. It is bad when you have a customer come in and they are offered one thing, then they come back the next day and another manager refuses to do the same thing for that customer. It really gives our customers a bad impression of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg