There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

A good place to move up in

Former Employee - Customer Service Merchandiser in Naples, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Merchandiser in Naples, FL

I worked at hhgregg part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HHGregg is oconstantly expanding and there are a lot of opportunities to move up. If you have the time to spend, the ability to get along well with others and the drive to move up you could find yourself as a manager in a store. The company is committed to groth and does not discriminate.

Cons

As a CSM or sales person you will fin yourself at the mercy of not only your managers, but countless MITs who probably know less than you about the company. Often you will receive conflicting orders to do things. And some of the managers are fond of micromanaging. If you have a temper when it comes to such behavior, don't work here. You schedule can change often. The stores compete with each other for sales and if you sell to a customer who lives in another store's region they will try to steal your sale. If you are a CSM, you will be taking grief from the customers, managers and the sales people. This is the most stressful job at the stores from what i experienced. There is a constant need to stay on top of orders and you have to be behind the sales people to own their orders because things go out of stock on long term orders. Never forget that the customer is ore important than the sales person that sold the item to them. Benefits are not so great if you are part time. But full time people have the option of receiving some good benefits.

Advice to Management

Micromanage less. Keep schedules as constant as possible. And make the sales people keep on top of their orders. Just because it will be 4 months until the order is delivered does not mean that they can forget about it or wash their hands of it! CSMs do a lot to keep the orders filled and customers happy, please make sure to thank them sometimes.

Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg

The upper management only care about themselves

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The sales staff really do care about their customers

Cons

Underpaid......I do everything that operations lead does and have been for two years. I have one manager that respects me. The others don't care. Our regional manager doesn't care. I expressed the way I felt about my pay all he said was I have to take what I get and be happy. We opened at 10pm thanksgiving night I worked all the way thru and my manager took 5 hours out of time I worked because I had overtime. LAWSUIT COMING SOON

Advice to Management

Start caring about the employees WE GET YOU GUYS PAID

Disappointing! Worst retailer I've worked for in 30 years of retail

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC

I worked at hhgregg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discount. nothing else good.

Cons

Management doesnt care about associates what so ever. Dishohnest management encouraged by corporate. Rules change constantly.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like people!