hhgregg
www.hhgregg.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

A good place to move up in

Customer Service Merchandiser (Former Employee)
Naples, FL

ProsHHGregg is oconstantly expanding and there are a lot of opportunities to move up. If you have the time to spend, the ability to get along well with others and the drive to move up you could find yourself as a manager in a store. The company is committed to groth and does not discriminate.

ConsAs a CSM or sales person you will fin yourself at the mercy of not only your managers, but countless MITs who probably know less than you about the company. Often you will receive conflicting orders to do things. And some of the managers are fond of micromanaging. If you have a temper when it comes to such behavior, don't work here. You schedule can change often. The stores compete with each other for sales and if you sell to a customer who lives in another store's region they will try to steal your sale. If you are a CSM, you will be taking grief from the customers, managers and the sales people. This is the most stressful job at the stores from what i experienced. There is a constant need to stay on top of orders and you have to be behind the sales people to own their orders because things go out of stock on long term orders. Never forget that the customer is ore important than the sales person that sold the item to them.

Benefits are not so great if you are part time. But full time people have the option of receiving some good benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementMicromanage less. Keep schedules as constant as possible. And make the sales people keep on top of their orders. Just because it will be 4 months until the order is delivered does not mean that they can forget about it or wash their hands of it! CSMs do a lot to keep the orders filled and customers happy, please make sure to thank them sometimes.

The upper management only care about themselves

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros: The sales staff really do care about their customers Cons: Underpaid......I do everything that operations lead does and have been for two years. I have one manager that respects me. The others don't care. Our… Advice to Senior Management: Start caring about the employees WE GET YOU GUYS PAID No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Disappointing! Worst retailer I've worked for in 30 years of retail

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

I worked at hhgregg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Employee discount. nothing else good. Cons: Management doesnt care about associates what so ever. Dishohnest management… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees like people! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hhgregg reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for hhgregg CEO Dennis L. May. All reviews posted anonymously by hhgregg employees.