hhgregg
www.hhgregg.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

Never had such a hard time making money doing something I love.

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

ProsDiscount on some items is great, while some items offer non existent discounts

ConsManagement cannot seem to keep their thoughts together. Having 3 managers total, and sometimes only 1 on the floor is a completely useless practice.

Any sales and special promotions come directly off of your commission at the rate paid for profit, even if there is no profit in the item. You sometimes LOSE money by selling.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out your plan for each manager and work on unifying a style. It is bad when you have a customer come in and they are offered one thing, then they come back the next day and another manager refuses to do the same thing for that customer. It really gives our customers a bad impression of the company.

rewarding

Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Empowered, customer focus and driven. Cons: long hours, grueling schedule, sometimes seems to forget about work'life… Advice to Senior Management: take notice of associates home life Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

hhgregg

I have been working at hhgregg

Pros: Family friendly company, good employee discounts, open door policy, good… Cons: Poor health benefits plans, lack of operations training for new… Advice to Senior Management: Switch the health insurance so it is NOT a self-funded plan. Also explore better benefits with reduced employee premiums and/or other more affordable options. Training… More

There are newer reviews on hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hhgregg reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for hhgregg CEO Dennis L. May. All reviews posted anonymously by hhgregg employees.