hhgregg

www.hhgregg.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

Never had such a hard time making money doing something I love.

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discount on some items is great, while some items offer non existent discounts

Cons

Management cannot seem to keep their thoughts together. Having 3 managers total, and sometimes only 1 on the floor is a completely useless practice.

Any sales and special promotions come directly off of your commission at the rate paid for profit, even if there is no profit in the item. You sometimes LOSE money by selling.

Figure out your plan for each manager and work on unifying a style. It is bad when you have a customer come in and they are offered one thing, then they come back the next day and another manager refuses to do the same thing for that customer. It really gives our customers a bad impression of the company.

549 Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg (View Most Recent)

Decent place to work most of the time!

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to earn more money based on performance and your ability to sell and close deals.

Cons

Very "corporate", ie managers have little to no say in scheduling...all stores have to use "corporate" schedule regardless of how many salespeople are actually on staff. A store with 6 people has to use the same schedule as a store with 20 salespeople! Always having to work nights and weekends.

Don't treat us like we are in Kindergarden...but unfortunately that is the way that they are trained!

sales associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at hhgregg full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers who were willing to help each other. Great product line.

Cons

Long days, sometimes 12 hour shifts. Don't expect to get a weekend off. Management seemed clueless. It reminded me of selling cars. The manager said don't let anyone leave without talking to him first.

If you want to retain quality people give them at least one weekend off a month. Get rid of the 12 hour shifts.

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg