hhgregg

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

Promised diamonds, got charcoal

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- The discount program is AWESOME
- Depending on the store, the staff is great to work for

Cons

- Hours are inconsistent and LONG
- Upper management run on "do as I say, not as I do"
- The draw system is ridiculous. I was moved from TVs to computers because I was "promised" the business was going to be crazy good there. Ended up being a total graveyard. Accrued $1800 in draw over three months.
- The hourly staff gets almost zero respect or gratitude

- Try to avoid lying to employees
- If you want to succeed, do a better job of vetting management candidates
- Appreciate the hourly workers. They keep the store running.

514 Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg (View Most Recent)

A good place to move up in

Former Employee - Customer Service Merchandiser in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Merchandiser in Naples, FL

I worked at hhgregg part-time (less than an year)

Pros

HHGregg is oconstantly expanding and there are a lot of opportunities to move up. If you have the time to spend, the ability to get along well with others and the drive to move up you could find yourself as a manager in a store. The company is committed to groth and does not discriminate.

Cons

As a CSM or sales person you will fin yourself at the mercy of not only your managers, but countless MITs who probably know less than you about the company. Often you will receive conflicting orders to do things. And some of the managers are fond of micromanaging. If you have a temper when it comes to such behavior, don't work here. You schedule can change often. The stores compete with each other for sales and if you sell to a customer who lives in another store's region they will try to steal your sale. If you are a CSM, you will be taking grief from the customers, managers and the sales people. This is the most stressful job at the stores from what i experienced. There is a constant need to stay on top of orders and you have to be behind the sales people to own their orders because things go out of stock on long term orders. Never forget that the customer is ore important than the sales person that sold the item to them.

Benefits are not so great if you are part time. But full time people have the option of receiving some good benefits.

Micromanage less. Keep schedules as constant as possible. And make the sales people keep on top of their orders. Just because it will be 4 months until the order is delivered does not mean that they can forget about it or wash their hands of it! CSMs do a lot to keep the orders filled and customers happy, please make sure to thank them sometimes.

The upper management only care about themselves

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The sales staff really do care about their customers

Cons

Underpaid......I do everything that operations lead does and have been for two years. I have one manager that respects me. The others don't care. Our regional manager doesn't care. I expressed the way I felt about my pay all he said was I have to take what I get and be happy. We opened at 10pm thanksgiving night I worked all the way thru and my manager took 5 hours out of time I worked because I had overtime. LAWSUIT COMING SOON

Start caring about the employees WE GET YOU GUYS PAID