this job blow blow blows

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros

good money for doing nothing

Cons

good money but no life. if you dont mind doing nothing but working then a good job. if you have any type of life then you wont enjoy

stop sucking. managers are liars. its always your fault customer didnt buy. stop making me come in an hour early to have the same training 5 times in a row on a single fridge.

Other Reviews for hhgregg

Decent place to work most of the time!

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to earn more money based on performance and your ability to sell and close deals.

Cons

Very "corporate", ie managers have little to no say in scheduling...all stores have to use "corporate" schedule regardless of how many salespeople are actually on staff. A store with 6 people has to use the same schedule as a store with 20 salespeople! Always having to work nights and weekends.

Don't treat us like we are in Kindergarden...but unfortunately that is the way that they are trained!

Never had such a hard time making money doing something I love.

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount on some items is great, while some items offer non existent discounts

Cons

Management cannot seem to keep their thoughts together. Having 3 managers total, and sometimes only 1 on the floor is a completely useless practice.

Any sales and special promotions come directly off of your commission at the rate paid for profit, even if there is no profit in the item. You sometimes LOSE money by selling.

Figure out your plan for each manager and work on unifying a style. It is bad when you have a customer come in and they are offered one thing, then they come back the next day and another manager refuses to do the same thing for that customer. It really gives our customers a bad impression of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!