hhgregg

www.hhgregg.com

Life as a manager at hhgregg

Sales Manager (Former Employee) North Riverside, IL

ProsManager experience to put on my resume

Cons*underpaid compared to comparable managerment postions in retail
*bonuses are unattainable goals are unrealistic
* boring work enviroment
*pos system is old
*very lean company which means more work for employees
* MITs are hired from the outside rarely promote from within
* long hours even for retail
*Schedules are made from corporate and are the same for every store regardless of how much traffic individuals stores might have
* Upper management all former Sears employees and are running the company like Sears
*Zero work/life balance
* store set ups are changed every other week
* deliverys are done by a third party and cause problems every day
* as a manager 85% of your 12 hour day is taking care of customer issues (lots of issues)
*customers that buy service plans bought from hhgregg still have to contact the manufactuer to repair their product
* Managers in training are hired by the truck load ( there are only so many stores and so many positions to fill) so you could be in training for months and when you do get a position it could be hours from your home.
*Diversity in upper management isnt there
* ops leads severly underpaid for the work they have to do
*managers come and go weekly

Good job if you have no life and dont mind living at the store. You can become a general manager if you don't mind being relocatable out of state and ignore life outside hhgregg. God bless and good luck to those who work at hhgregg. Very dedicated and underappreciated working as a manager for this company.

Advice to Senior Managementre evaluate the managers you have in your store. Help managers understand how to bonus. Create business plans according to each stores needs not a generic plan used by every store. Create a team enviroment in each store. Change store management structure. work on employee retention turnover is the worst Ive seen in 12 years of retail. 15-18 million dollar stores but managers salary are between 40k-44k???

missing me

Appliance Sales (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros: great discount unless it is already on sales under cost then… Cons: I do not feel appreciated or that my life matters. This year we watched a video where Dennis May told us to enjoy the… Advice to Senior Management: In the year I have been there I have seen 3 electronic managers and 3 general managers some consistency would be nice in management and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A good place to move up in

Customer Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) Naples, FL

I worked at hhgregg part-time for less than a year

Pros: HHGregg is oconstantly expanding and there are a lot of opportunities to move up. If you have the time to spend, the ability to get… Cons: As a CSM or sales person you will fin yourself at the mercy of not only your managers, but countless MITs who probably know less… Advice to Senior Management: Micromanage less. Keep schedules as constant as possible. And make the sales people keep on top of their orders. Just because it will be 4… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!