hhgregg

www.hhgregg.com

missing me

Appliance Sales (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

Prosgreat discount unless it is already on sales under cost then you have to pay more than the customer.
I love my co-workers.

ConsI do not feel appreciated or that my life matters. This year we watched a video where Dennis May told us to enjoy the holidays with our families....apparently he is not aware that our holiday schedules from Thanksgiving to the first of the year is 45-63 hours a week. I don't mind hard work but I want to feel appreciated.

I often have to chase my check, meaning I often do not get paid correctly on closeout and scratch and dent pieces even when I ring it up exactley the way I am supposed to. I have to go through my commission report and make sure each ticket paid me correctly then when I find a mistake I have to go plead my case to a manager who then has to file a fileback on the Monday before payday after 11am if you or them remember. This year alone I have about $300 in filebacks none of which counted towards my draw.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the year I have been there I have seen 3 electronic managers and 3 general managers some consistency would be nice in management and policies. Better training for new managers their is no reason I should have to explain a policy or procedure to a member of management.

A good place to move up in

Customer Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) Naples, FL

I worked at hhgregg part-time for less than a year

Pros: HHGregg is oconstantly expanding and there are a lot of opportunities to move up. If you have the time to spend, the ability to get… Cons: As a CSM or sales person you will fin yourself at the mercy of not only your managers, but countless MITs who probably know less… Advice to Senior Management: Micromanage less. Keep schedules as constant as possible. And make the sales people keep on top of their orders. Just because it will be 4… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Promised diamonds, got charcoal

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros: - The discount program is AWESOME - Depending on the store,… Cons: - Hours are inconsistent and LONG - Upper management run on "do as I say, not as I do" - The draw system is ridiculous. I was… Advice to Senior Management: - Try to avoid lying to employees - If you want to succeed, do a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!