Great people, not alot of career growth

I have been working at hhgregg

Pros

Great people work with. thats all

Cons

Hourly wage compared to the amount of workload

Pay better.

Other Reviews for hhgregg

Not a job for those wishing to have a life!

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for less than a year

Pros

Adequate training, good health benefits after 90 days

Cons

Salary only. Unrealistic commission structure. Ungodly hourly demands during the holiday season (example: November 18 - January 5 only EIGHT scheduled days off (and one of them was Christmas!)

Management needs training in how to instruct adults, in effective group teaching techniques. Coerisive and condescending, one-on-one reprimands do nothing for personal or team morale.

Unless you need the money and can not find a job somewhere else do not work here.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at hhgregg for more than a year

Pros

Working with my fellow employees. I didn't mind the majority of the work assigned to me.

Cons

Management. I worked 2 1/2 years at the same store and went through 3 General managers. The 4th and current GM was just as bad or worse then the rest. The best manager there wasn't even a manager yet. He was a Manager in Training.

Salespeople. Most of the salespeople were very nice and I did enjoy their company but they would not always do their jobs and Warehouse and Cashiers would end up doing it. If you had good managers that would not happen.

Cashiers. Again fun to work with but did not have enough of them so when they went on lunch warehouse would fill in for them. Since we were not fully trained on how to handle those situations it was a problem. If there was a problem we would have to fend for ourselves and management would not help us.

All in all it came down to poor management. The last thing I will say is if Managers from your store, Regional Managers, or District Managers promise you a reward, pay raise, etc. make sure you ask them every week what the status is of the promised reward, pay raise, etc. If you do not then you will most likely not see it for quite sometime.

If I were to sit down and really think about all the things that happened then this review would be a lot longer.

Take into account what your employees are saying.
    If you say you are going to do something for an employee then do it right away because if you do not then you will forget and it will never happen again.

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!