hhgregg

www.hhgregg.com
  www.hhgregg.com
There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

Unless you need the money and can not find a job somewhere else do not work here.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate
Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at hhgregg (more than an year)

Pros

Working with my fellow employees. I didn't mind the majority of the work assigned to me.

Cons

Management. I worked 2 1/2 years at the same store and went through 3 General managers. The 4th and current GM was just as bad or worse then the rest. The best manager there wasn't even a manager yet. He was a Manager in Training.

Salespeople. Most of the salespeople were very nice and I did enjoy their company but they would not always do their jobs and Warehouse and Cashiers would end up doing it. If you had good managers that would not happen.

Cashiers. Again fun to work with but did not have enough of them so when they went on lunch warehouse would fill in for them. Since we were not fully trained on how to handle those situations it was a problem. If there was a problem we would have to fend for ourselves and management would not help us.

All in all it came down to poor management. The last thing I will say is if Managers from your store, Regional Managers, or District Managers promise you a reward, pay raise, etc. make sure you ask them every week what the status is of the promised reward, pay raise, etc. If you do not then you will most likely not see it for quite sometime.

If I were to sit down and really think about all the things that happened then this review would be a lot longer.

Take into account what your employees are saying.
If you say you are going to do something for an employee then do it right away because if you do not then you will forget and it will never happen again.

515 Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg (View Most Recent)

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - General Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - General Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of training. Family focused

Cons

It's retail. Hours are ok, could be better.

Run!

Former Employee - Appliance Sales Specialist in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Appliance Sales Specialist in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at hhgregg full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exciting to have opened the Chicago market.
    If the proposed culture of education and customer care was a reality, this would be a great place to work.

Cons

Management spends the majority of time dealing with disgruntled customer issues, many of which stem from problems caused by third party delivery teams. No incentive to improve. Plus if, in order to make the customer happy, management offers a $50 discount, the discount hits the original slaespersons's commission. Even though the delivery team created the issue.
    POS system is outdated
    Management turnover creates chaos
    Employee turnover is high
    Claims about "best educated sales force in the industry" makes me shudder for the industry
    A culture of discounting in order to sell service plans
    Straight commission against draw encourages the selling or "packing" of service plans in order to make a decent wage

Go back to basics. Train your employees. Set the rules. Invest in technology and delivery. Treat your employees as people instead of cogs.

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg