hhgregg
www.hhgregg.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

It's sales!

Electronic Sales (Former Employee)
Fairview Heights, IL

I worked at hhgregg full-time for less than a year

ProsRetail experience, exposure to many new consumer electronics and pay is good if you know how to sell service plans.

ConsManagement will determine job satisfaction. If you have supportive and encouraging staff, you'll do fine; especially if you haven't had retail experience before. The money to be made is in the PSP. You'll do great if you can sell service plans, phones and/or installations.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush personalized advertising like one of your competitors with a bulls-eye for a logo does. Turnover rate might improve if pay was base plus commission. Ensure company policies and procedures are being followed. Consistency regarding disciplinary actions was a problem at the store I was in. Inability to properly schedule led to many decent associates dismissal for draw infractions.

Great place to work

General Manager (Former Employee)
Scranton, PA

I worked at hhgregg full-time for more than a year

Pros: I started form the bottom in sales and worked up… Cons: Longer hours, weekends and holidays Advice to Senior Management: Add another sales manager to lower the total hours for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Not Great

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I have been working at hhgregg full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good Co Workers Employees can have fun during the slow… Cons: Difficult managers to deal with, or even to communicate with at times No… Advice to Senior Management: Find a place for your rising talent instead of just riding them until they give out.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on hhgregg.

Worked for hhgregg? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at hhgregg reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for hhgregg CEO Dennis L. May. All reviews posted anonymously by hhgregg employees.