hhgregg

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

Stressful and Unappreciated

Former Employee - Salesperson in Richmond, IN
Former Employee - Salesperson in Richmond, IN

I worked at hhgregg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discounts and some of my co-workers.

Cons

Difficult to make a decent living. This is a company that says it wants us (salespeople) to make more money. They don't. They want us to make IT more money. Pay is 100% commission, and the numerous discounts only hurt your income. Turnover because of dissatisfied employees is rampant. If you work 15 minutes over 40 hours, your draw requirement is calculated at time-and-a-half of the entire 40 hours and 15 minutes, not just the quarter-hour. Then the company threatens to fire you because you're in draw. It's unfortunate, but this is a company that has very little regard for its employees.

The greatest asset any company can possess is its employees. Don't lose sight of that. If you take care of them, they'll take care of you. Turnover in excess of 5-10% annually should send up numerous red flags that the company isn't providing well for it's employees. Some company policies are not only unusual, they're borderline abusive to employee success. Corporate staff needs to actually work the floor as a salesperson for a few weeks to see how their current actions are affecting morale and income.

548 Other Employee Reviews for hhgregg (View Most Recent)

It was the most dissatisfying company I had ever worked with .

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Macon, GA

I worked at hhgregg full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Made great money if there was a sale on a product or service that customers wanted.

Cons

There was a lack of compassion with management and if a problem arose they WERE not the ones that wanted to help solve it.

Decent money Will hire anyone,long hours

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

More you work more you make if you are able to sell

Cons

If you have no sales experience you will have a hard time, almost no training on salesmanship nor product, have to learn on your own and fast

Stop being annoying, we work on commision stop telling us to clean random things and put up tags, if we dont sell we dont make money, nor do you.

There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg