There are newer employer reviews for hhgregg

great prices, low pay, no respect

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If one is in sales at HHG s/he will find that most colleagues are congenienial and fun to work with. For the most part sales managers are on the ball and on your side.

Cons

However the corporation has little to no respect for individual sales contributors in terms that one's pay in not always in accordance to one's efforts, ideas or amount of experience. One can see this is true in terms of how cost controllers will play games with the sales staff's ability to actually reach pay scale goals. For this reason there has been a lot of turnover in sales and support staff over the past few years. Most sales staff and all mid level managers work way too many hours to have a reasonable family life outside of HHGregg,

Advice to Management

Stop the crazy long 'extended' hours of operation. Stop trying to grow the company solely on the backs of those who pay your top level salaries and let us share in the growth with a better pay scale and bonus goals.

reviews filtered by
  1. I would love to take my skills, knowledge and experience elsewhere.... but where?

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at hhgregg full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nobody will ever accuse you of being over paid.

Cons

Long hours and little flexibility.

Advice to Management

Your sales staff is your best resource and they are free. Solicit input regarding what products and models to stock as they know what customers are asking for. Treat them with respect; They are in the trenches day in and day out and take a lot of abuse.

Worst job I've ever had. EVER. I would give negative stars if possible.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at hhgregg full-time

Pros

Most coworkers are good people, price points are good, excellent employee discount

Cons

HORRIBLE scheduling system, lazy and/or ineffective management at the store level, favoritism, sexism, overstaffed sales floor

Advice to Management

Don't lie to interviewees about the money and the schedule. Train your managers to MANAGE, not to pass unpleasant tasks off to other employees. Don't burn out your sales associates by giving 12 -- 14 hour shifts on a regular basis.