hibu

corporate.hibu.com
There are newer employer reviews for hibu

Decent company but could be better

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Reading, England (UK)
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at hibu full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pleasant culture, relaxed atmosphere, commitment to open source technologies. Can be good technical job content if you're in the right place at the right time.

Cons

Don't always make the most of their staff. Too many managers.

Really look hard at staff and consider how you can make the most of them.

hibu Response

Jun 11, 2014Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the review, we do read all reviews and welcome them.

668 Other Employee Reviews for hibu (View Most Recent)

It's what you make of it

I worked at hibu full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard, do your own cold calling and networking, and always keep your goals in mind, you can make a lot of money and meet a lot of interesting business owners.

Cons

Company is replacing revenue accounts who used tp spend thousands with new businesses only willing to invest a few hundred, but keeps focusing on new productivity over sales retention.

Try a little less hypocracy.

Great people, but the company is going down the drain

Current Employee - IT Team
    Current Employee - IT Team

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

It's a decent place to work. I'm on the corporate side, which is a complete different experience than being in sales. There's not that much turnaround in my department, so that tells you that people are fairly satisfied. My colleagues are professional, hard-working, and caring.

Cons

There are perks to the job, but they are slowly but surely disappearing. If the stock price is any indicator of the health of the company, you can see that the value of the company is extremely low. While YB is trying to invent itself over the past couple of years, it seems to be too little, too late. What that translates to in daily life is that there's some higher goal that upper management is trying to steer the company towards. However, much of that isn't communicated to employees, and when it it is, it's still too far-off to grasp. Also, there's a push to go "global" and unite all the parts of the company in different parts of the world, in efforts to gain efficiency and strength. However, with all the focus on the "global", individuals and even teams are just numbers, and are not important in the grand scheme of things. I enjoy my job, but there is no higher calling or "better good" that many of us are working towards.

Unless you reside in one of the 2 headquarter hubs, it's extremely difficult to move up the career path. Typically you can work with & rub shoulders with various departments, but the non-hubs are so granular that there's no possibility of moving cross-department and upward.

Value your employees, down to the very last person. Communicate to your teams, and don't get lost in all the global stuff. Bring it back home, so that we can all feel part of the big picture.

There are newer employer reviews for hibu