hibu

corporate.hibu.com

Door to Door Salesman Pitching Overpriced Advertising, Nothing More

Client Services Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSales Training was a learning experience. Motivated trainers who believe in their products. Encouragement from managment and friendly co-workers.There is one catch. This is sales and you have to produce from DAY ONE out of training.

ConsThere are many: Micromangement, Long hours and far travel within so-called territories. I drove 2 hours a day just to and from my territory. Company trying to reinvent itself as an internet company and rolling out new products weekly out of product launch meetings and being expected to cold call door to door THAT DAY, regardless if you if "actually" had a new prospect meet and greet presentation.
The accounts I had that were either deliquent and was expected to not only be a sales rep but a collections agent on top of that, meaning I was expected to renew and upsell an account regardless of past history. Most of the leads or revenues I called on, I was either hung up on or was insulted because previous rep was unethical and sold products the client did not benefit from.

Regional Sales Directors who flew in to train staff and "Launch new products" were nothing more than cheap used car salesman that would pitch any product to anyone and smile while they were doing it.

I could go on, but if you have morals and ethics: The cram it down their throat, breath down their necks to make a sale is not for you.
We all learn from experience and I am glad I learned very quickly door to door sales is not for me.

Company is bankrupt and will be out of business shortly. If your wise I would stay away and look for a sales opportunity that has potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe print pages are a dying breed in urban markets and still productive in rural markets. Your internet products are overpriced, cheaply designed and cannot compete with already established competitors offering superior products for cheaper. I would reccommend for the good managment and employees to get out before your days are numbered and the company goes under which will be soon.

Not bad, but not for me.

Account Representative (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

I worked at hibu full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great pay, a lot of freedom, and good benifits Cons: Stress to achieve difficult goals. Encouraged to be unethical… Advice to Senior Management: Find better ways to keep goals attainable, success breeds more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Enjoyed my career at yellowbook now hibu.

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at hibu full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Top performers were always rewarded. The harder you work and… Cons: Difficult time for the print side of the industry, businesses found it hard to think of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on hibu.

Worked for hibu? Contribute to the Community!