There are newer employer reviews for hibu

Great entry level opportunities and growth for hard workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This has been a great company to start a career with and advance with little experience. If you work hard and care about your job you will stand out big time in this company.There are lots of entry level positions to get started even without a college degree. Plenty of opportunity to advance your career in other areas. The office building is professional looking and includes a small gym and cafe. There is a pond behind the building so eating lunch outside on a nice day is relaxing. Salaried employees get an annual bonus and a bring home laptop. If you get laid off, the company does a good job of trying to place you in another role with the company. The company is diverse in their hiring. You receive a $1,050 referral bonus for referring someone to a position and they get hired. It's $1,500 if they get hired for position in the Sales department. Overall, hibu (formally known as Yellowbook) has been a good place to work for.

Cons

For the last few years many individual or department lay offs have occurred. The financial situation with the company's debt is disheartening. Annual raises have been very low the last 5 years averaging 1-2% for most employees. The company hasn't met their objectives in a long time so on average I receive about 60% of my maximum bonus payout each year even with a top score in the personal performance category which is weighted into your overall payout. Lastly, the majority of Sales Reps that work for this company need more training than they are given. They also tend to be very rude and unprofessional when dealing with employees in the corporate office which can make a hostile workplace if you are in a position that works directly with them. HR and Management rarely gets involved when corporate employees such as Customer Service report incidents with Sales Reps.

Other Employee Reviews for hibu

Every day was a coin toss...

Current Contractor - Web Production in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Contractor - Web Production in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, totally made my time fun and taught me a lot despite constant madness. If pay had been slightly higher, I'd have been self-sufficient right out of school, which would've been a huge plus considering the economy.

Cons

Where to begin... lack of streamline processes led to tons of redundancies. These redundancies wasted time, watered-down the customer service experience, and created hostility towards upper management. Culture of loathing between sales, fulfillment, and execs. Execs set dated policies for sales and totally let "account execs" run roughshod over processes and procedures; back-enders in fulfillment were stretched to the breaking point w/ accounts. Sales loses $$ over bad fulfillment process... fulfillment loses sleep because sales drives them insane with perceived ineptitude... Not fun most days. We're supposed to be blowing the doors off the market w/ our new products, but sales aren't even close to anticipated levels. Let's hope this isn't RIP hibu...

Advice to Management

Streamline. I heard Deloitte came on board at one point during the debt consolidation. Tell the inept and old-school sales folks to hit the bricks, get some real talent in production (no more freelancers for design and copywriting, PLEASE!), start a legit art department (my entire department has 2 artists... 2 who weren't outsourced!), and make social media have real importance (the customer's want it, lets deliver!) and last but certainly not least - DITCH THE PRINT! I keep my phone book in my bathroom... but not for reading.

positive environment, and rewarded for performance

Current Employee - Digital Specialist Partner Representative in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great improvements in products, we run good SEM programs for our clients that produce results, and the websites final product are of good quality for SMB's

Cons

Customer service struggle to keep up with demand

Advice to Management

get the web builders to communicate direct with customers