hibu

corporate.hibu.com

Great entry level opportunities and growth for hard workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  King of Prussia, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This has been a great company to start a career with and advance with little experience. If you work hard and care about your job you will stand out big time in this company.There are lots of entry level positions to get started even without a college degree. Plenty of opportunity to advance your career in other areas. The office building is professional looking and includes a small gym and cafe. There is a pond behind the building so eating lunch outside on a nice day is relaxing. Salaried employees get an annual bonus and a bring home laptop. If you get laid off, the company does a good job of trying to place you in another role with the company. The company is diverse in their hiring. You receive a $1,050 referral bonus for referring someone to a position and they get hired. It's $1,500 if they get hired for position in the Sales department. Overall, hibu (formally known as Yellowbook) has been a good place to work for.

Cons

For the last few years many individual or department lay offs have occurred. The financial situation with the company's debt is disheartening. Annual raises have been very low the last 5 years averaging 1-2% for most employees. The company hasn't met their objectives in a long time so on average I receive about 60% of my maximum bonus payout each year even with a top score in the personal performance category which is weighted into your overall payout. Lastly, the majority of Sales Reps that work for this company need more training than they are given. They also tend to be very rude and unprofessional when dealing with employees in the corporate office which can make a hostile workplace if you are in a position that works directly with them. HR and Management rarely gets involved when corporate employees such as Customer Service report incidents with Sales Reps.

Other Reviews for hibu

Don't let them sell you, do your homework before you accept this job!

Current Employee - Account Executive/Media Consultant  in  Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Executive/Media Consultant in Clark, NJ

I have been working at hibu full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    Decent Health Benefits (I Guess)

Cons

-Avoid this company at all costs!
    -"Good ol' Boys club" mentality
    -Management is completely out of touch and most aren't qualified to be group leaders
    -"Our company is in the middle of a Death Spiral" - Recent Quote by management
    -Absolutely no room to grow, unless you're a professional A** kisser.
    -I've been a witness to racism, discrimination, and dozens of ethics violations.
    -Candidates don't be fooled! Management over promises on pay, and catastrophically under delivers. Simple terms: You're being lied to, goals are practically impossible to achieve.
    -We are being forced to sell certain products to customers that were unproven, and reprimanded for pointing it out to management.
    -If you're the type of person that believes in "Doing the Right Thing" for your customers, this isn't the job for you.
    -I was told that the perfect employee is a "Divorced, single, Jewish mother/woman because they'll do anything for the money". (Yes! These were actual spoken words by management)
    -If you have children, hobbies, or enjoy spending time with your family you're expected to forget about all of it and commit to the 24/7 cult of Hibu inc.
    -Some employees have made a career out of signing shady plumbers and other businesses... with manager's assistance.

The above statements are 100% true no matter how many "paid" or "fake" positive reviews are posted here.

Retire, you've failed and driven this company into the ground.

Autonomous

Former Employee - Customer Inquiry Representative  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Inquiry Representative in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time

Pros

Self driven to network for significant resources outside of my department.

Cons

Department prefers to keep you restrained from any advancements, especially if you are meeting and exceeding your goals. They are too afraid to lose a good thing to another department.

Promote and /or compensate employees on a merit based analysis and not on favoratism.

There are newer employer reviews for hibu.

Worked for hibu? Contribute to the Community!