hibu

corporate.hibu.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for hibu

This company does not value employees.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in The Woodlands, TX
Current Employee - Executive Assistant in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at hibu full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My supervisor was one of the few who valued employees.

Cons

None - No team work, no value of employees.

Instead of just looking at individuals as a number in your headcount, look at the skills they bring before you RIF them. You have recently RIF’d several individuals who perform three times more than other employees and kept people who under-perform consistently. Anyone that has any skills that benefit hibu is actively looking for employment elsewhere….do you think you will maintain your objectives with under-qualified staff? Also, join the 21st century and acknowledge that people can work "remotely" more efficiently and provide cost savings to a company.

679 Other Employee Reviews for hibu (View Most Recent)

This company deserves NO stars. It's a shame I even had to put one...

Current Contractor - Copywriter, Copyeditor, Administrative in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work atmosphere, gym, nice associate managers.

Cons

This place is a sinking ship. I worked here for six months and was brought on through an agency as a temporary web copywriter. The agency told me there was a very good chance I would be hired permanently after my six month contract was completed, and that was the general consensus I received from everyone there, including my manager..

About a month in, they began to outsource their copywriters and we were no longer allowed to write. We were then switched to copyeditors but couldn't even properly edit because we we're put on a strict 20 min deadline per site because all this company cares about is pumping out numbers. We would then be reprimanded for leaving too many mistakes on our work. How can you possibly be thorough when you're only allowed to simply glaze over content?

Anyway, these freelance writers they were utilizing were AWFUL. The quality of the websites are an absolute disgrace. But management does not seem to care as they prefer quantity over quality. That is why this company will never last and will continue to have disgruntled employees and dissatisfied customers.

After a few months of copyediting, my role turned completely administrative and I was simply uploading documents for freelance copywriters to write. With promises and paperwork in motion to make us contractors permanent, we just got word yesterday that we were laid off. This was done over the phone, after hours, with not so much as a word from upper management. This is not the way to treat your employees.

You're 6 billion in debt, hibu. And as far as I'm concerned, you don't deserve to get yourselves out of that hole.

Listen to your employees. They know what works. Stop hiring new people fresh out of college with full time benefits when you have..or had, I should say...hard working contractors that had been there for months that you SHOULD have converted to permanent. Disgraceful company.

It will be interesting to see if their digital marketing products can ever really be competitive.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at hibu full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best reason for working at hibu is the people. Everyone I have contact with is so professional and nice and willing to help.

Cons

Right now, with the change to the new CEO and the organization changes he is quickly making, the atmosphere feels very unstable. You feel like you could lose your job at any time.

Quit pushing products to market without fully testing them.

There are newer employer reviews for hibu