hibu

There are newer employer reviews for hibu

Sinking Ship - Run!

Current Employee - Website Editor
Current Employee - Website Editor

I have been working at hibu full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is pretty good and my coworkers are wonderful. My manager is really great. The office environment is relaxed and no one really cares what you wear. I would have been very happy working at hibu for an extended period of time, until they started making sudden, massive cuts...

Cons

You will get laid off. Period. The company is outsourcing everything either to India, the Philippines, or subcontractors. There's a constant atmosphere of fear and even your manager is often left in the dark.

Outsourcing all of your content production may look okay on the surface, but most of your customers are going to cancel when they see their websites.

622 Other Employee Reviews for hibu (View Most Recent)

Business Development Representative

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at hibu full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Starbucks gift cards, Restaurant gift cards

Cons

Toxic Environment- feeling like you can get fired at any time; Middle Management- talks in circles; Core Product is sub par at best; Excessive Training that hurts time that should be spent out in the field; Base Salary looks good on the surface, but the commission compensation plan is horrible. Have started to micro-manage the sales reps to death. At this juncture, I feel that I'm on the Titanic and we just hit the iceberg. Its only a matter of time before for the ship sinks completely.

I feel that the middle management is just being the puppets for corporate and feeding the sales reps garbage of how great everything is, but in reality no one is selling enough of the core products to have positive impact for the company. I feel that their is no advice I could give to management. They dug hole way too deep to get out of.

Not good - getting worse

Current Employee - Project Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

Locally, good people. Newer software tech savey folks want to bring in industry best-practices, and have.

Cons

Culture, culture, culture. They, the company simply doesn't get it. Way too much drama and not enough solid engineering. Doomed to failure.

Change the culture. Takes more than grand speeches and town-hall meetings. Actions speak louder than words, kids.

There are newer employer reviews for hibu