There are newer employer reviews for hibu

Sinking Ship - Run!

Current Employee - Website Editor
Current Employee - Website Editor

I have been working at hibu full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is pretty good and my coworkers are wonderful. My manager is really great. The office environment is relaxed and no one really cares what you wear. I would have been very happy working at hibu for an extended period of time, until they started making sudden, massive cuts...

Cons

You will get laid off. Period. The company is outsourcing everything either to India, the Philippines, or subcontractors. There's a constant atmosphere of fear and even your manager is often left in the dark.

Advice to Management

Outsourcing all of your content production may look okay on the surface, but most of your customers are going to cancel when they see their websites.

reviews filtered by

Business Development Representative

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at hibu full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Starbucks gift cards, Restaurant gift cards

Cons

Toxic Environment- feeling like you can get fired at any time; Middle Management- talks in circles; Core Product is sub par at best; Excessive Training that hurts time that should be spent out in the field; Base Salary looks good on the surface, but the commission compensation plan is horrible. Have started to micro-manage the sales reps to death. At this juncture, I feel that I'm on the Titanic and we just hit the iceberg. Its only a matter of time before for the ship sinks completely.

Advice to Management

I feel that the middle management is just being the puppets for corporate and feeding the sales reps garbage of how great everything is, but in reality no one is selling enough of the core products to have positive impact for the company. I feel that their is no advice I could give to management. They dug hole way too deep to get out of.

2. Degrading and insult to my intelligence.

Former Employee - Anonymous in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to switch to another "team" in your department if there's a personality clash with your supervisor.
    Good insurance and benefits.

Cons

My department was a fashion show. Managers were more worried about shopping and dogs than their staff. Staff would routinely do work for managers to take credit for. You were told to ask for help when you needed it, but if you did, you were laughed at and told you could handle it. My manager spoke negatively about me to other managers, saying I was low class and lazy. Low class because I didn't shop at the clothing stores she did. I did 5 people's jobs, so I'm not sure how I was lazy.
    You were treated very poorly by management unless you were in the "in-crowd". We had several employees constantly reprimanded for tiny, fixable mistakes, while others made huge errors and were continuously promoted even though someone else had to fix their errors. The auditors in the billing department spent their day finding errors but yet had no idea how to post the payments or make the changes that they were auditing.

Advice to Management

Rid your departments of the cliques and petty associate managers who do nothing but degrade those who report to them.

Pay attention to your turnover. Three people leave hibu on medical leave and are all under the same associate manger? Don't promote her! In this actual instance, you rewarded her nastiness. Same thing all over the company.

Hibu was the worst company I have ever worked for, my new coworkers think I'm making up my horror stories about management and life at hibu, but they're all true with witnesses.

There are newer employer reviews for hibu