hibu

corporate.hibu.com

Sinking Ship - Run!

Current Employee - Website Editor
Current Employee - Website Editor

Pros

The pay is pretty good and my coworkers are wonderful. My manager is really great. The office environment is relaxed and no one really cares what you wear. I would have been very happy working at hibu for an extended period of time, until they started making sudden, massive cuts...

Cons

You will get laid off. Period. The company is outsourcing everything either to India, the Philippines, or subcontractors. There's a constant atmosphere of fear and even your manager is often left in the dark.

Outsourcing all of your content production may look okay on the surface, but most of your customers are going to cancel when they see their websites.

Other reviews for hibu

Business Development Representative

Current Employee - Business Development Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Starbucks gift cards, Restaurant gift cards

Cons

Toxic Environment- feeling like you can get fired at any time; Middle Management- talks in circles; Core Product is sub par at best; Excessive Training that hurts time that should be spent out in the field; Base Salary looks good on the surface, but the commission compensation plan is horrible. Have started to micro-manage the sales reps to death. At this juncture, I feel that I'm on the Titanic and we just hit the iceberg. Its only a matter of time before for the ship sinks completely.

I feel that the middle management is just being the puppets for corporate and feeding the sales reps garbage of how great everything is, but in reality no one is selling enough of the core products to have positive impact for the company. I feel that their is no advice I could give to management. They dug hole way too deep to get out of.

transitioning company with bleak outlook

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

Pros

flexible schedule, rewarding compensation, autonomy, positive work environment.

Cons

fluctuating compensation, dying industry, departmental inefficiencies, sporadic product focus.

streamline product offering. Be the best at a specific product offering, and stop throwing multiple new products at the marketplace and the sales personnel.

There are newer employer reviews for hibu.

Worked for hibu? Contribute to the Community!