hibu

corporate.hibu.com
  corporate.hibu.com
There are newer employer reviews for hibu

Doing Anything to survive

I have been working at hibu full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Used to be a fun environment to work in. may come back at some point The path we are taking is a very hard and difficult one to take. but If it works we may just survive

Cons

lots of uncertainty. large layoff that just devastated the company headcount and morale in the company. Makes everyone uneasy about working here but a job is a job and i have been in worse situations

650 Other Employee Reviews for hibu (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, but a dying company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time

Pros

This really has been a pretty fun place to work. There are a great bunch of people, especially including my direct manager. The hours are very flexible with plenty of work-from-home opportunity, and really no off-hours support to speak of.

Cons

The one downside of hibu is its financial situation. The company has known for some time that they need a new direction in order to be successful, and had been working toward that approach. Coming out of restructuring, however, new management is not willing to make that investment. This has already resulted in many layoffs and, given the direction, I would be surprised if there were not more.

Wonderful day-to-day work experience, offers living wage and benefits for truly entry-level positions.

Former Employee - Fulfillment in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Fulfillment in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are just out of school, this is a great place to get experience, be paid enough to make rent comfortably and work with some really cool people. Can't speak highly enough about my co-workers and my floor managers.

Cons

There is no earthly reason for a commercial web design company (which is... kinda sorta what they want to be) to be this huge. With all the hands each site had to pass through and all the redundant clerical road-blocks from old workflows piled on top of old workflows, production was a nightmare. Outright disinterest in the company's own products from sales and upper management, at least on the digital side. To say that there is more emphasis on numbers than on quality would be an understatement. It's clear they don't intend to be around long.

Implement this most recent product roll-out in 2003.

There are newer employer reviews for hibu