Doing Anything to survive

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Used to be a fun environment to work in. may come back at some point The path we are taking is a very hard and difficult one to take. but If it works we may just survive

Cons

lots of uncertainty. large layoff that just devastated the company headcount and morale in the company. Makes everyone uneasy about working here but a job is a job and i have been in worse situations

reviews filtered by
  1. Wonderful day-to-day work experience, offers living wage and benefits for truly entry-level positions.

Former Employee - Fulfillment in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Fulfillment in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are just out of school, this is a great place to get experience, be paid enough to make rent comfortably and work with some really cool people. Can't speak highly enough about my co-workers and my floor managers.

Cons

There is no earthly reason for a commercial web design company (which is... kinda sorta what they want to be) to be this huge. With all the hands each site had to pass through and all the redundant clerical road-blocks from old workflows piled on top of old workflows, production was a nightmare. Outright disinterest in the company's own products from sales and upper management, at least on the digital side. To say that there is more emphasis on numbers than on quality would be an understatement. It's clear they don't intend to be around long.

Advice to Management

Implement this most recent product roll-out in 2003.

Playing catch up

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good culture because of the people that work here

Cons

My mother taught me if I don't have anything good to say, not to say anything at all. There are worse places to work.

Advice to Management

It's obvious you don't have it figured out. Get educated on what you are actually trying to sell, solve your potential clients problems and realize what your position is in the market.