account manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

freedom of your own schedule, good bosses, unlimited amount to income, great training

Cons

be able to drive long distances, explaining the company switch from YellowBook to Hibu

Advice to Management

Keep up with what Yellowbook has taught you! Just because of the name change, it doesn't mean lack of initiative should lack

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Wonderful day-to-day work experience, offers living wage and benefits for truly entry-level positions.

Former Employee - Fulfillment in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Fulfillment in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at hibu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are just out of school, this is a great place to get experience, be paid enough to make rent comfortably and work with some really cool people. Can't speak highly enough about my co-workers and my floor managers.

Cons

There is no earthly reason for a commercial web design company (which is... kinda sorta what they want to be) to be this huge. With all the hands each site had to pass through and all the redundant clerical road-blocks from old workflows piled on top of old workflows, production was a nightmare. Outright disinterest in the company's own products from sales and upper management, at least on the digital side. To say that there is more emphasis on numbers than on quality would be an understatement. It's clear they don't intend to be around long.

Advice to Management

Implement this most recent product roll-out in 2003.

2. Challenging but rewarding...work with great people everyday!

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at hibu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Executive level in tune with day to day job and really cares about what it's like for sales reps and customers. The people I work with everyday are passionate and it's a team effort each day.

Cons

Restructuring from a print company to a digital company has its challenges and not everything goes right the first go around.

Advice to Management

Continue to look at what's happening at the ground level. I encourage you to get in the field as often as possible.