hibu

There are newer employer reviews for hibu

Great until recently

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at hibu full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits and decent pay, good work-life balance. Historically they have given back to the community and contributed to charity. They do nice things like have Santa Claus for employees' kids and give nice presents ($15 range).

Cons

I feel like recent changes in leadership have prioritized profits over employees and quality. They have recently decided to drop some products and off-shore a large number of positions, which I think is short-sighted and will be detrimental to quality of products and to customer satisfaction.

Fix on-going system and procedural problems that affect quality and customer satisfaction before throwing your employees to the dogs.

642 Other Employee Reviews for hibu (View Most Recent)

Very good company.

Current Employee - Sales/Management
    Current Employee - Sales/Management

I have been working at hibu full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people are the best. All of my friends are working at hibu!

Cons

Compensation is difficult today as we have to sell for 3rd party vendors for the most part.

Do not manage through fear. Fix the products and the process and get the compensation right so that sales people feel good about what they sell and can make the kind of money we once made.

The blind leading the people who can see perfectly fine

Current Employee - Website Editor in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Website Editor in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at hibu full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Reasons to work at hibu include a decent benefits package (includes health, dental, and 401k). The people you work with are pretty great as well, they know how to put together a team for the most part.

There is always someone there to answer any question you may have, about any whatever you may be wondering about. They are very eager to make sure all of your questions are answered and will go above and beyond to get you those answers.

Cons

A lot of the systems they have in place, along with a lot of the policies and decisions they make do not make sense. Everything that's done there seems to be done against everyone's better judgement. There is a disconnect between the employees who are doing things day in and day out and the upper management who are mostly just concerned with production numbers. I fully understand that businesses make their money based on those numbers, but to ignore every other circumstance that goes into those numbers, and the consequences that come from undervaluing the quality of the work you are putting out is extremely short sighted.

The web product is the future of the company, not the dying print side. To gut and outsource the jobs of the people working in that department in the states is a costly mistake. I worry about the future of a company that would be so short sighted in their actions

Know what makes your product valuable. it isn't about how many sites you put out. it's about customer experience and quality of the finished product. Right now we produce a flawed product, and then with recent changes you have taken your own safety net away. The quality of the sites you put out now will drop and that will only lead to more unhappy customers.

There are newer employer reviews for hibu