There are newer employer reviews for hmv

OK

Current Employee - Store Manager in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Store Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at hmv

Pros

Great atmosphere as well as great people. Good working environment, OK staff discounts. Working in London makes it quite a social hub too.

Cons

Some bad management at times, not enough staff discount, can't really say much more, there's no more negatives that I can think of.

Listen to staff more. Communication within the group should be a hell of a lot more transport, we should also have more head office meetings.

reviews filtered by

Fun at the start but like having your head sandpapered after a while...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at hmv

Pros

Working with such a fun & exciting product, you would think makes an exciting environment to work right? Well, no. Not when its His masters voice. Only HMV could turn the stocking of CD's, DVD's & Games into such a laborious mire of tedium.

Cons

The demands placed on you will burn you out. HMV has a corporate environment that frankly makes the third reich seem relaxed. Recent years have not been kind, with most savvy employees heading toward the exit door. All that are left are a bunch of clueless, overpromoted, beaurocratic, soulless individuals more interested in their own careers than the company. An interest in music, film & games is paid occasional lip service, but to be honest, it feels hollow & contrivied. Besides, you'll spend most of your day blindly ticking boxes anyway.

2. Verizon is a dynamic company with a vision of the future. Technology is always chaging, providing opportunities for lear

Former Employee - Backup Administrator in Temple Terrace, FL
    Former Employee - Backup Administrator in Temple Terrace, FL

I worked at hmv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Verizon excels at providing opportunities to learn and grow. They provide an excellent compensation program with great benefits.

Cons

At the time of my RIF (Reduction in Force), there were no positions available here in Tampa. As I had no desire to relocate, I had to accept the layoff.

I desire a position that test my skills, makes my think outside the box and provides a path for promotion. I desire that the company that employs me is as flexible to my needs as they expect me to be to their needs. I want to be part of a team that want to do more than what is required.

There are newer employer reviews for hmv