Fun Job

Current Employee - Key Holder  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Key Holder in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at hmv part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, my love for music was supported, great customers, passion for what I sold

Cons

No room for advancement. I was with the company for 3 years, and was sent to help run other stores. I was constantly give hope that I would advance, but nothing ever came up.

District Managers, Regional Managers, HO staff - Treat your store staff better. Dont take them for granted. A little encouragement goes a long way.

Other Reviews for hmv

Bit like a Cattle market

Former Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Warrington, North West England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

I worked at hmv full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Would like to say but Isnt any

Cons

Well Not the best Wages

.....

Seasonal Customer Sales Assistant

Former Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Plymouth, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Plymouth, England (UK)

I worked at hmv full-time for less than a year

Pros

The working environment was really good, a lot of the employees were around my age (Early 20's), we also all had a shared interest in Film, Music and some of us games.

Management broke the day up into hour blocks, so you could be on tills for an hour and then be on queue patrol. I think this was a good idea because it kept the day interesting and I didnt get bored doing the same job for 8 hours straight.

There was also the opportunity for overtime. I was employed over Christmas, so I don't know how much overtime is available all year round.

Cons

You were constantly under pressure to push sales, I know understand this is because they were going into administration.

There are newer employer reviews for hmv.

Worked for hmv? Contribute to the Community!