i3 Research

I was very satisfied until i3 was bought by inVentv

Current Employee - Regional Clinical Research Associate in Cary, NC
Current Employee - Regional Clinical Research Associate in Cary, NC

I have been working at i3 Research

Pros

Assigned towork with a only one sponsor
Get lots of positive feedback.
Treated as a professional.
Assigned sites are regional

As part of the PSP, I am assigned to a a only one sponsor and 4 sister protocols for the same therapeutic area. The managers on my team have worked hard to keep our assigned sites local or regional. I've had 3 really good managers, all of whom were supportive and gave a lot of positive feedback. We've been treated as professionals and our time is flexible. We are given lots of updates which can be good or bad.

Cons

Things are in upheaval since bought by inVentiv.
Lots of turnover at present.
Too many managers.
Not enough worker bees.

Although we are given frequent updates about the merger, it is hard to know what to expect when all of the changes are finalized. It feels like it is taking forever to sort things out.

I'm not sure how much of my dissatisfaction is from the merger and how much is due to the sponsor I am currently assigned to. This particular sponsor has a lot of unwieldy applications and requires an excessive amount of training. There are a lot of tasks that are given higher priority than monitoring sites, which should be of utmost importance. We are overworked because of this and because we can't keep enough monitors to make up a complete team. It is impossible to do the job in a 40-50 hour work week. I was able to deal with this until the merger. The added stress of all of the resulting changes have been too much. I will probably be leaving soon..

Streamline management and hire more CRAs. Be more judicious when negotiating contracts with sponsors so CRAs are not overworked. Sponsor expectations should be more clear cut and consitent from beginning to end of each protocol. Allowing sponsors to add extra work with immediate deadlines leads to low morale and higher turnover in staff.

22 Other Employee Reviews for i3 Research (View Most Recent)

Senior management was completely in over their head and about 15 years behind the curve

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at i3 Research

Pros

mid-level folks were great and very smart and competent. People tended to get promoted far beyond their capabilities and with no emphasis on their interpersonal skills or actual industry expertise

Cons

senior management never ever has your back, the more you do and the harder you work, the more will be expected of you. It is never enough and you never feel secure.

There is a reason they've slowly been made redundant and irrelevant.

Leadership and management skills were poor and inconsistent throughout the company.

Current Employee - Clinical Project Assistant II in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Clinical Project Assistant II in Cary, NC

I have been working at i3 Research

Pros

Provided good health benefits through United Healthcare.

Cons

Poor management and leadership skills, inconsistent promotions and bonuses.

i3research would have been a great company to work if they had not allowed many highly skilled and competent employees over a period of time to leave because of continued dissatisfaction and frustration due to decisions not to act on their issues and concerns. If the company had been willing to correct or replace bad upper management employees with managers who possessed good management and people skills, it could have been an enjoyable place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for i3 Research