There are newer employer reviews for iGATE

great place to start your career

Former Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Fremont, CA
Former Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at iGATE

Pros

- Good quality of resources (atleast when I was there) compared to other offshore companies
- Agressive and less political

Cons

- Senior management was not focused and confused
- Did very little to translate investment in capabilities to make it saleable
- Bonus used to be fair but with new sales head it took a nose dive and became very intransparent

Make sure you get rid of your current sales head, he is driving away business and talent from the company

984 Other Employee Reviews for iGATE (View Most Recent)

Not going anywhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at iGATE

Pros

Good place for people out of college or FOBs coming on-site. Decent benefits and PTOs. Fairly young crowd. fairly decent internal training portal for new comers.

Cons

Revenues almost flat for the last several years. Inspite of this, upper management gets tens of thousands of stock options and the employees get a few hundred at most.

Management should stop blaming the market conditions everytime for their individual failures. The promotions/stock options process should be more transparent.

iGate Experience

Former Employee - Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at iGATE

Pros

Good experience, exposure on a variety of projects. Was able to get exposure on multiple projects and got great client facing experience. This enabled me to hone my delivery skills, presentation skills and soft skills in general. The intellectual capital of the company is reasonably strong, especially at Senior Management levels.

Cons

Need more competitive benefits package to attract talent. The company has done some good marketing in India. They need to come up with a better strategy for US, like hiring local talent, being reasonable with travel expenses. Most of the current employees in US are visa holders from India.

Need to hire more local talent.

There are newer employer reviews for iGATE